Subdivision clearance issue.

Discussion in 'Development' started by Drew90, 17th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Drew90

Drew90 Member

I am doing a battle axe subdivision in the shire of kalamunda perth wa.

My block is classed survey strata. Part of the requirements for clearance is to have the driveway fully built prior to building the rear home.

I do not want to install the driveway until after the rear house is built! All the trucks/ machines will damage it and it will need re done afterwards anyway.

Had anybody been through the same issue and had dispensation to install the driveway after the rear lot is built and acquired titles ?

Thanks!

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Make it 150mm thick?

3. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Check the definition of driveway? Maybe a compacted gravel path will be sufficient

Archaon likes this.
  4. Drew90

Drew90 Member

I haven't explored the cement driveway option yet, i was thinking of using paving, Cement will be my last resort. Cheers

5. Drew90

Drew90 Member

Hi MRO, i will look into this. My Plan was to provide a compacted limestone surface until construction is complete, the way i interpret the requirements i feel this may not be acceptable,

4.0 Access to Rear Lot Where Dwelling is to be Retained
     Clause 5.3.5 Vehicular Access In cases of Survey Strata lots with common property, the new lot and access leg is to be cleared and graded
     Where developing, as part of a development applications the access leg is to be cleared, graded, and constructed to the satisfaction of the Shire’s Engineering Services
     Access leg not constructed, or only partially constructed
     Access leg that is partially or wholly constructed is cracked or in other states of disrepair

6. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

How long is the access leg?

Sounds like you will need to talk to a Town Planner familiar with the shire for advice.

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

You can talk to the council and see if they will bond the works. With this you enter into an agreement to do the works at a certain stage - this may involve merely an agreement or the council holding your funds as a bond to do the works in the future

Brady and MRO like this.
  8. Drew90

Drew90 Member

Thats good news its been done before, thank you for that info. I will call the shire and ask.

9. Drew90

Drew90 Member

Its 27m to the rear lot.

10. Leslie

Leslie Well-Known Member

I have to provide bond $9000 to City of Canning for 30 M Long driveway. Once I completed the driveway, I got my money back. Some councils will accept compacted limestone surface as driveway as long as the Crosssing is constructed as per their requirements. In that case you can get away without having to provide bond.

Westminster likes this.
  11. tl_6100

tl_6100 Well-Known Member

I second Martin above. My project required a $9k bond to be paid that will be refunded once the driveway is installed. The money will be locked up for atleast a year as it's the last thing to go in once the house is built.

Have a chat with your council as a compacted limestone drive may be suitable in an semi rural area such as Kalamunda. My grandmas drive in the area is compact road base.

I hope you have success with the Shire.