Subdivision advice in Wyndham Vale...

Discussion in 'Development' started by Bharat Jain, 20th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Bharat Jain

Bharat Jain New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am newbie to property investing. I want to start with subdivision of my own backyard in Wyndham Vale. The house is on a corner block(588 m2). I want to retain the existing house. The backyard is 10.5 m wide and 14 m deep. Is it possible to subdivide? If yes what is the expected cost of subdivision? Given the resulting block is small I am planning to build a 2 bedroom unit on that. I expect the cost of building to be around 130K, which can fetch around 200pw rent.

Cheers,
    Bharat

2. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Hi Bharat,

It's very hard to give you an accurate opinion based on the info you have provided.
    The first thing you want to do is look at you plan of sub/title documents and see if there are easements on the property. Also check the zoning and any overlays.
    Then you'd need to work out car space requirements, private open space, garden space etc. This will give you an idea of how much space to have to build, and what will fit.

The above info is very basic, but it's the best place to start when thinking about a sub division.

Alternatively, you can pay for a town planners time to work it all out for you.

Tufan Chakir likes this.
  3. Bharat Jain

Bharat Jain New Member

Thanks a lot mate.