Subdividing in Hornsby Council

Discussion in 'Development' started by christianeatouggh, 27th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. christianeatouggh

christianeatouggh Member

Morning all

I currently have a small house on a flat 1260m2 block just north of hornsby. I am currently considering subdivision and then selling it. Would anyone have any experience in this area and an idea on the cost? I am considering whether to just subdivide, subdivide and build (granny flats are part of the equation too).

Any help would be awesome
    cheers
    christian

2. 6993

6993 Active Member

We have delivered couple of subdivision projects in Hornsby Council area. We are currently working on one and civil works are expected to start in new year.
    The DA approval costs range between $10k to $15k.

3. Yuga

Yuga Member

How much does it cost to do a DA feasibility assessment? Is it possible and cost less to just subdivide the land into two without the plans of new building(s)?

4. dantestse

dantestse Member

I am planning to knock down the house which is on the subdivision line and divide the land into 2 lots.
    Can you please advise how much does it cost around from the beginning to subdivided with 2 titles ready to sell, including council contribute fee, knockdown fee, services connections, DA and all consultant.

Thanks!

5. christianeatouggh

christianeatouggh Member

Hi dantestse

My block was flat and i did not demolish any house. I have currently spent 200k (everything included here) and i think i may have somewhere between 5 and 10k to go. A very expensive project.
    cheers
    chris

6. Yuga

Yuga Member

That's a lot. What did you spend this 200k on?

7. dantestse

dantestse Member

That's Hugh amount, can you please advise the top 3 expensive spending for our reference? Thx

8. christianeatouggh

christianeatouggh Member

Yep definitely more than we were told at the start. Some of the significant costs (off the top of my head):
    1. Building driveway/kerb work out the front of our place - 78k
    2. Sewer work - connection to main - 22K
    3. Council contributions - over the different phases - easy 25K
    4. Electrical work - sinking existing services - 10K
    5. Tree removal - from back lot - 5K
    6. Paperwork - project management/survey work etc - 25K

There were a lot of smaller amounts too. All the best with your subdivision.

9. dantestse

dantestse Member

Thanks Christian, just to reconfirm did "1. Building driveway/kerb work out the front of our place - 78k" or 7.8k?

10. christianeatouggh

christianeatouggh Member

that is 78k - this included construction of kerb and road out the front of the house - which was not there. The drive was about 20m long.

11. dantestse

dantestse Member

I checked with Hornsby council, my case does not need to build a kerb and driveway as it is corner block, hope it can save some money.... But do you think the subdivision process still need at least $150k?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia