Subdivide / change boundries question

Discussion in 'Development' started by Lindsay, 11th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lindsay

Lindsay New Member

Long time lurker (and not very prolific Sommersoft poster way back when) with a question I can't seem to find an answer too online.

I plan to call the Council tomorrow, but want to try and be a bit further informed first.

Just looked at a property today in the Hawkesbury council area, NSW (outer outer north west Sydney).

The property is being sold as two adjoining titles, on one lot (this is what I am told, but I have zero experience with such properties). On the contract, it has two different lot numbers, under the one Registered Plan. They share one border and it is 50+ acres.

They are being sold together, but am interested in the possibility of being able to sell one later if need be, after buying. I would not want to, but it could be a useful option to have. But one section is 1/5th the size of the other.

What exactly does two titles on one lot mean in terms of selling part later?

Is it possible to do anything such as adjust the boundaries between them so they are the same size? There are other properties in the area smaller than an equal division between the total land size of the two titles.

What specific questions should I be asking the council, the agent, and my solicitor (if I send them the contract)?

Thanks!

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What is the minimum lot size in the zoning?
    Am I able to build a house on each lot?
    Can I sell these individually?

3. Lindsay

Lindsay New Member

Thanks!