Subdividable/highly profitable land

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Nands, 4th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nands

Nands Member

I'm keen to invest in a corner block that can be subdivided or have a duplex built on anywhere in Australia with the intention of selling it immediately after.However,my husband and I are struggling to find that gem.Happy to engage a reliable buyer's agent if the numbers stack up.Have any of you had success undergoing the above exercise?How did you go about finding this kind of property or which BA did you use?Your insights would be highly appreciated.

SmileSydney likes this.
  2. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Since no one has responded you would talk to BA directly and find which one you prefer. As you said it can be anywhere across Australia you might want to find someone that has representation in multiple states if there is BA that do this.

You probably should put a bit more thought into your product of what you are looking for, e.g. budget, location (smaller than Australia... E.g. Syd, Melb, Bris, Broken Hill) and further features such as within x km to CBD/train/schools/shops. As really the scope is to broad you would have to engage buyers agents all across Australia to find suitable properties all across Australia.

Another option is to setup a notification search for corner blocks on RE.com across Australia but currently there is nearly 18,000 of them so if you cannot find anything in there you probably need to reconsider what you are looking for.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

As @Big Will has said, it's a pretty vague concept to even give to a BA.

Some things for you to consider:
    Everyone is in this game to make money but do you know how much money you want to make from this deal?
    How much is "highly profitable" to you?
    What entity/structure/tax advice have you gotten on this?
    What is your budget?
    Do you want a block that already has a house on it?
    What is your backup plan if the market falls during construction of the second dwelling?
    What will be the deciding factor in selling the block or building a house on it?

Personally I have stuck to my own State for purchases and therefore didn't need to use a BA. I devoured the council and Planning documents that explained zonings so that I could find those gems. All my properties are corner blocks or have a rear laneway for secondary access.

Perthguy and Big Will like this.
  4. SmileSydney

SmileSydney Well-Known Member

I am in similar situation, seeking duplex opps. Will you be coming to the next Sydney CBD meetup? Perhaps we can share ideas and strategies...

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia