VIC Sub-division question

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by AK47, 1st Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AK47

AK47 Member

Hi, I am looking to buy an IP in the suburbs of Bundoora, Watsonia, Watsonia North, Greensborough or Macleod and was wondering if anyone on the forum had done a sub-division in the LGAs of either Banyule or Darebin and know what the council's minimum land size requirements are. I can't seem to find any information on this online so any advice here would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

I don't believe there's a minimum for the entire block as such. However, there are going to be minimums for each TH/unit. Scroll down to page 20 in this doc: http://www.darebin.vic.gov.au/-/med...ilt_Form_Guidelines_September_2014.ashx?la=en. The minimums are driven by the zone the block's in, for instance RGZ1 and RGZ2 will have different garden minimum's applied to them.

I'm no expert in these matters, the above is some Google-fu (which you need to improve upon!) and knowledge I have. Best ring up the council or a TP for accuracy.

3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 seems like it could be useful, though I can't find Minimum Lot Size on it, it does allow you to see contours at 1m intervals, and measure distances and area.

4. moshkipod

moshkipod Active Member

Hi AK47, from my exp. it’s best to find a local draftman / architect who hand work witness councils and ask them these questions . If you don’t have one try and google for these profs . I’m you area and usually they will do this for free .
    It’s good also to build relationship with few as I wouldn’t buy a block for subdivision without knowing also the size of what can be built so it’s not just about the block size , it’s also easement location , zoning planning . , frontage width etc.

Archaon likes this.
  5. AK47

AK47 Member

Thanks everyone! Your help and advice is very much appreciated :)