Styling tips? draped blanket on beds, multiple cushions....??

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by itchyfeet, 16th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. itchyfeet

itchyfeet Member

I am currently looking and am amazed at how many woollen blankets (especially oversized knits) I see draped artfully over bed corners or over couches. And how many cushions on the bed !...(when you go to bed you have to chuck them all off the bed)!
    So why?
    Anyone have any nice (and real) touches can we do to present our place to the market?

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Some nice plump pillows do make the bed look inviting but you don't need to go too overkill so that half the bed is covered. 4 plump pillows and 3 scatter cushion might suffice. Cushions should be in odd number so 1, 3 or 5 :)

If you're using white bed linen then I'd go with 3. If you have coloured pillows then you can maybe go with a single cushion in the middle

5 vs 3 cushions (master has 5 and minors have 3)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lizzie and datto like this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I don’t like the fussy look of too many cushions so for our spare beds I tend to use a European pillow and a plump bed pillow with a nice pillow slip.

For our own bed we have just two pillows (each side) and a spare throw that we can use if we get cool.

I think the artfully draped woolen throw can look a bit “try hard” and prefer a smaller throw doubled up and lying across the end of the bed - looks less “show home” and more “could actually use that if it gets cold”.

Last edited: 17th Mar, 2022
    Joynz likes this.
  4. jeko

jeko New Member

Good question for a thread. A tray of items (picture weekend breakfast in bed), quality magazines (makes you want to stay longer for a flip through), some beach towels or boogie boards (or similar that suggests the lifestyle in your location), cut flowers and plants (you've probably already thought of)?

datto likes this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Go neutral and oversized in your bed cover ... ie, a king on a queen bed, super king on a king etc ... otherwise it's looks skimpy - and avoid pattern at all cost (florals blergh)!

Need to make the sofas look inviting and my set always has half a dozen cushions and three throws - that everyone uses

Westminster likes this.