Struggling to get a tenant

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Kevvy7, 8th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Lot of PM's are asleep at the wheel.

If they can't give you a list of feedback, then they are doing nothing. it sounds like you may already know why if people have told you the fence is a concern.

Xenia likes this.
  2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Two things to consider here West, are things being done actively and they are just not telling you because they are busy doing?
    Or are things not getting done?
    Some offices will have good communication but just reactive to situations. "Had inspection, 5 groups through, considering 1 application" .... "leaking hws, getting quotes"

There are other PMs that position themselves as the experts....
    5 groups through, 1 application, we will not consider it due to affordability issues, the property is attracting lower demographics due to .... we suggest...... to attract a different target market.

Hws leaking, under warrantee, we are getting it sorted through warrantee....

Communicating regularly with landlords is an issue even with my staff, I'm always pushing for regular updates with landlords. Being proactive offering the right solutions, market testing, reading body language, research ... is where I focus most staff training.
    How are you going to solve that problem for that landlord? No you will not be asking him what he wants to do, you will research and come up with a game plan before you speak to anyone and then strategise with the client.

Communication is important but it needs to be the right communication.
    Telling a landlord "your tenant is in arrears, would you like us to send a breach notice" is just useless communication - my pet hate in property management.

3. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Very much agree. This is the value for money and I'd pay top dollar for it!

WestOz and Xenia like this.
  4. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Like when I was in business, another one of those moments when I wish there was such a thing as a clone machine, pump a few of us out to cover all requirements rather than having to rely on half enthusiastic/motivated staff who perhaps end up costing you more than their worth.

5. Kevvy7

Kevvy7 Well-Known Member

Still no tenants. The price is now down to $330 but I'm dropping it to $320 now. I've also thrown in a weeks free rent. What am I doing wrong? or was my original market rent valued way too high to begin with?

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

May call from some more proactive measures - like you yourself (or a mate) going to inspect other properties in the area in the same price bracket - and seeing what is for offer. Get to know the market if the PM isn't feeding back to you.

The Y-man

7. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

What is the PM telling you ?

8. Brad Stephen

Brad Stephen New Member

If it has been vacant for 4 weeks your ad has most likely dropped down many pages on realestate. com.au. Over 70% of people looking for a house don't go to page 2 and even less go to page 3, 4 etc. Best thing would be to as your property manager to pay to have your property feature listed to bring it back up to page 1/2. This should only be around $100 and a lot less than the cost of a fence. Maybe tell the property manager to let future tenants know that you are going to be putting in a fence in the near future once a tenant is secured and make sure you stick to that promise and do so. All the best with finding a tenant :D

Xenia likes this.
  9. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Feature listings help depending on the area

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia