NSW Strong interest as new The Ponds lots to go under the hammer

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by standtall, 9th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

People who missed out on buying land at The Ponds are set to be given a second chance.

Blacktown Council will auction the first blocks in a 74-lot development in Piddington St this weekend.

It is the biggest land release ‒ more than 2.96 hectares ‒ in the masterplanned community since it was officially completed in 2015.

Agent Michael Doran from Abode Agents at Kellyville said recent sales in the area indicated the land should sell for around $1800 per square metre. With the blocks ranging from 308sq m to 500sq m, the estate could earn the council well in excess of $41 million.

“The inquiry is strong — we are expecting 30 to 50 to register for the first 11 blocks,” Mr Doran said.

[​IMG]

Artist’s impression of new playground in Piddington St, The Ponds.

“A lot of people have had their eye on this subdivision for a while.”

The land was bought by the council four years ago from private landowners.

Agent Chris Duke from Century 21 Rouse Hill said a vacant 484sqm block at The Ponds sold earlier this year for $1756 per sqm. The property at 113 Ridgeline Drive The Ponds sold in March for $850,000.

A spokesman said the council paid full market value for the site, which had already been zoned residential by the NSW Government as part of the Alex Ave growth centre.

According to the council, the proceeds from the sale is expected to “raise tens of millions of dollars” that will be used to improve services and facilities for local residents.

“Blacktown City Council is proud to find alternative ways to increase revenue to benefit its residents and ratepayers,” the spokesman said.

“By making strategic economic decisions, the reliance on rates to fund services is decreased and the people of Blacktown are the beneficiaries.”

The Ponds is walking distance to the Cudgegong Rd railway station, the first stop on the Sydney Metro North West line set to open in 2019.

[​IMG]

Trains on the Sydney Metro will cross the bridge over Windsor Rd after leaving Cudgegong Rd.

The new estate, known as Menindee, is already pegged for sale with roads completed. The land is expected to be registered in the coming months. The remaining lots will be auctioned in stages, depending on market demand.

Potential buyers need to register from 9am with the auction commencing at 10am on Saturday.

It will be followed by the official opening of a council park across the road from the site at 11am.

There is still some land remaining in The Ponds which is owned by private developers and yet to be released onto the market.

2. standtall

According to the agent, some of the lots are expected to fetch as high as $2000 per sqm in price due to the proximity to new station, The Ponds lake and the Rouse Hill town centre.

3. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

WOW that would be nearly 1M just for the land :eek::eek:

4. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

You have got to be nuts to pay that. Why? o_O

5. Daniel36

Daniel36 New Member

I am sure there will be people camping overnight to get a block even with the high price tag.

6. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

1 million for a block is cheap, I'm looking at 2 million min for a good building block in northern sydney

7. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Crazy prices. But I would bet it will sell out very very quickly probably in the first day it opens. And yes there will be people camping out for sure!!

8. eletronic_exp0430

LOL - North Sydney Vs The Ponds? Hmmmmm interesting comparison.

9. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

This will fuel prices in the neighbouring suburbs like Quakers hill :D

oracle likes this.
  10. standtall

This is exactly what people said 7-8 years ago when first blocks were released for around $300k mark.

11. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I get why the prices are so high, but if you want a place for your family....800k plus out in the ponds is a big ask.

I get that lots of people will jump on it and good on them. But it would break my heart to pay so much for so little so far out.

jprops likes this.
  12. eletronic_exp0430

What else you going to get for $800k in Sydney? Not much. Especially not closer to the CBD and anything free standing with land.

Even Colyton, St Marys, Mount Druitt all those areas are like $700k now for anything decent.

13. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Yup. And that's kinda my point. Families, starting out are looking at 7-800k debt just to own a home in the boondocks.

This is going to come home to roost. If not economically, then politically.

Cimbom, Brickbybrick and Darren A like this.
  14. eletronic_exp0430

Yeah - I think anyone making under $100k in Sydney with a family and trying to buy a home is going to have it tough bigtime.

Colyton, St Marys, Mount Druitt they are all changing. Very hard working class families are there now because of the insane Sydney prices which in turn are changing the demographic of the area big time - give it another 5 years and these areas will be considered quite good.

By December there will be nothing in Sydney under $550k I'm seeing it already. Even everything in postcode 2770 is over $500k now.

15. standtall

Who said 800k?

I think you will find it hard to get anything under a million in The Ponds these days except may be some 3 bed townhouses.

A well located 4 bed on a 400sqm land with average construction starts from $1.2 million.

16. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Speechless.....

17. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

the discussion should included avg 400-500k building cost ?? so $1.4-1.5m total to move in to a family home in the ponds ?? no doubt it will sell, but interesting to see what they can get out of it after a few years.

18. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Is St Marys still a good investment? I remember reading about some infrastructure projects around there?

19. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

I think if one opts to build / purchase a new home in that region, better buys exist in Schofields. In future when the suburb is fully developed and eventually connected to the NW Metro, Schofields will be no different to the Ponds if not better.

20. eletronic_exp0430

Billions of dollars going into the west. Probably the biggest infrastructure spend going into the west in history.

For $600k or $650k for a house and land package that is actually livable - there is not a single area other than Western Sydney that can currently offer this at this price point.