Stretch Target of $20m gross by 2022

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by sash, 4th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

I want the latest numbers on this too. I think the 0.1% is referenced from the below link which is far outdated. Looks like figures used here are from 2011. It would be ALOT more than this figure for people owning 6 or more investments I'd say in the current environment. Heck my group of mates all own 6-7 each on average and there is about 10 of us that grew up together since high school.

What Percentage (%) Of Australians Own Investment Property?

Brady likes this.
  2. Subodh Shirodkar

Subodh Shirodkar Well-Known Member

Understand were you are coming from, but it's enough to know that we are in small minority & be grateful for where we are.

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Great work!

You strategy sounds similar to mine in many way. Love the diversification also .

Where is your current PPOR and where did you buy in Logan.

Also very impressed on how you have continually bought and still managed CF. Great effort there also

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

LOL...on this site I am nutin' special........ in your case you are definitely 1 in a million......another level...

MTR likes this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this is right

Net worth is far more important than number of IPs, but I think you have cornered this one too ....;)

Chris Au and Subodh Shirodkar like this.
  6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yes....the bowed position with tin cup and my trusty blue healer by the side is working at locations like Townhall in Sydney..I am collecting $600 dollars per day. :)

flyhere and MTR like this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Sash in current climate, finance tightening, interest rates going north what advice would you give to newbies who want to replicate your strategy today:)

BTW great thread

aussie1, Brady, Jasper and 1 other person like this.
  8. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

150K buys about $170 (6% franked) per week without any hassles.
    Or deposit for another property in a different location which could be another opportunity.

After seeing another boom, I'm still convinced that upgrades/renovations/GF are not worth doing during a property boom. Better off looking for more opportunities elsewhere, or just wait it out.
    Unless you have building/tradie skills of course. Or it's already underway (great timing).

The best time to go for CF and reno/upgrade is when property is flat or down I reckon.

Proof investing should never be based on consensus.

flyhere, Perthguy and WattleIdo like this.
  9. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

But you and MTR actually do things to add value ...and that is a fast track to wealth
    Mine are merely collect and clip the ticket ..no expertise, no work needed (just paperwork)

Subodh Shirodkar likes this.
  10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

100% agree on GF

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No more value add for me...just moving a couple of pieces of paper.....just a different scale to you

12. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

When all your mates have 50+ properties you actually think it is normal and common

Brady and Subodh Shirodkar like this.
  13. eletronic_exp0430

LOL - I dont know anyone personally who has 50+ properties. The only person I know about is Nathan Birch who supposedly has 300.

I wish I was one of them frankly. In my circle of friends the highest amount is currently sitting at 36.

14. Piston_Broke

I know people with lots of properties, but they rarely talk about about.
    Many i knew owned RE but over the years I found out how much (or maybe not) and it's lots.
    Some big stuff like whole multistory buildings or shopping strips/centres.
    Always cool to hang to with and hardly ever talk business in social settings.

15. eletronic_exp0430

^ Probably because your not that close to them. The guys I know I went to school with like from year 7 so that would mean I known them for 20+ years now.

We talk about houses, investing ALL the time. Heck we even do business together and alot of it.

Depends who you consider friends and who you feel comfortable talking to with. If I just met you only for a few years maybe not. Guys I know for 20+ year hell yeah. We talk about everything and anything. Women, Work, Houses, Cars, Shares we even go on 1 month boys holidays together.

Its different for different people. One of my very close mates (i was his groomsmen) actually comes from a big building family. He himself doesn't own many houses but I would bet multiple people on here would be living in units his father built. His family is net worth close to 300 million.

Brady likes this.
  16. Piston_Broke

True, those that are closer talk more openly but I have a large circle of people I know (friends relos etc) that are property investors/builders, a few in the 100m+ range.

My point was more along the lines of "you don't know who you know".
    Even one of my close friends was not aware of how much I was into RE investing until he had some dramas and I helped him out.
    He now also knows the resentment that can come from those around him if he does talk about it lol

Perthguy and Jasper like this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

@Handyandy has over 70 now:) Does not post that much here
    Majority in Sydney and I think 14 now in Atlanta USA

18. Subodh Shirodkar

Subodh Shirodkar Well-Known Member

Hi Sash
    We bought PPOR in Kograh in 2006 & complete extension 2015 to create some equity.
    In logan i am at cheaper end of town. Got two side by side blocks for 215 & 200 (20k reno) in woodridge.Land banking might do ancillary units later. One in kingston early 2015 for 250k & one more in woodridge 275 @ auction early this year before moving to Booval nr Ipswitch another cheapie @ 234k big block future dual occupancy.
    The idea is two buy regularly & well. Not sure of how this will pan out with funding changes.
    Would like to keep learning you & others are inspiration.
    Keep shareing....

19. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

I don't like talking money with friends. If they want help, sure. But everyone is at different stages and sometimes it could across as bragging. Resentment and tall poppy syndrome are rife in Australia.

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree...it is rife even on PC....