Stretch Target of $20m gross by 2022

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by sash, 4th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Having gone well into 8 figures in gross assets ...my next target is to hit $20m with a LVR 40-45% by 2022.

How do I plan to achieve it:
    1. My portfolio is diversified across the country...only 4 are in Sydney..as market winds down...other areas perform
    2. Here is how I aim to achieve equity from growth:
    a. 7 properties in Qld over the next 5-6 years I expect to grow on average about 150-170k
    each in growth. That is about 1.05m to 1.19m in equity
    b. 7 properties in outer Melbourne I expect growth of about 150k each over the next 5 years
    (most will happen in the next 2-3 years) so that is another $1.05m
    c. 5 in Regionals NSW (Central Coast, Wollongong, Newcastle/Hunter, Albury) - another 650k
    d. 4 in Adelaide - another 400-500k in growth
    So that is about 3-3.5m odd in just growth added to value.I have not factored growth for the
    Sydney or Perth assets..so if they grow it is another bonus.
    3. I plan to buy another 10-15 assets which lets say gross 4.5-6.5 m in assets with additional growth in these.

Will I achieve this, I plan to ...but things can change...but I will give it good shot.:D

Some will say my growth figures are generous just bear in mind that every market for the capital cities tends to double medians every 7-12 years. Adelaide takes about 12 years....Brissie/Perth about 9-10 years...Melbourne and Sydney 7-8 years. Sydney has done it....Melbourne is close.

I have employed this tested strategy over the last 18 years and it has worked...and have doubled wealth in most instances under 5 years...so time will tell if I achieve this again.

Anyone else utilizing this strategy or other strategies?

2. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

@sash , it's inspiring to read of people backing themselves 'to have a go'. I wish you the best of luck to make it happen.

I'd rather keep my strategy private other than saying it is business development and property development focused in the southern Sydney, Illawarra, and southern Highlands areas.

Grv, EN710 and Perthguy like this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Good stuff as usual @sash. It will be interesting to watch your progress.

I have just put some popcorn on, feet up, you know what comes next ;)

Connor likes this.
  4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Great each to their own.....ok not to reveal..I read a few threads where you are reno-ing and selling ..with a reasonable profit.

The real thing is to give it a go...too many people moan..about how lucky one is etc....

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

you are too funny.... OK, let me get a glass of wine, hang on too early for that, another dip in the pool and when I get back I will review....LOL

Perthguy likes this.
  6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Don't worry mate..it will be quite a boring movie....nuttin' to see.....other than "Just Do It!"

But you do get the occaisional forces from the darkside....or two disputing stuff. Prepare your light Sabres....may the forth by with you soon....

7. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Always good to have goals and something to gun for. Are you playing the waiting game or be heavily involved in renovations, subdivision and etc?

Gypsyblood likes this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Waiting game is about 40% growth...active investing is the other 60% growth.

You can't just sit on your hands to hit those numbers...and of course...it is assuming that there are no major road bumps.

9. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Awesome @sash
    I don't remember if you post it somewhere. Did you use trusts/ companies/ etc for your subsequent purchases?
    What was the strategy starting and how did it change overtime?

Gypsyblood, Jasper and Ben_j like this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

[

well done, kudos, considering all resi, (and who said resi was no good)..... pretty amazing and just shows the power of persistence, determination and drive...

a curly one, if you were to retire today what would your cash flow position be if you sold nothing?
    Clearly you can retire tomorrow and perhaps selling some would make it even sweeter:?

MTR:)

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Just a company ....

Initial strategy was good quality CF properties in the 5 major capitals...moved to H&L and renos to manfacture more equity.

Observer, samiam, bob shovel and 3 others like this.
  12. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Total agree with this because waiting in the sidelines window shopping is a bore.

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Did some numbers after a PPOR upgrade...retirement of debt to 20-25%...would give me about 150-180k net (after depreciation deductions and tax). Higher if I retired more debt. The real issue is land tax which is now at 20k across all states.

Jasper, Cactus, ellejay and 4 others like this.
  14. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Anyway @sash, you asked about strategy. I am investing with a mate but we are moving everything into one name or another over time.

We are currently focusing on retain and build projects. We buy run down older houses, renovate to rent and hold and build at the back. First build should be starting this month. Lots of work but interesting stuff.

flyhere, Gypsyblood, Pentanol and 4 others like this.
  15. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Would you look at across the ditch to avoid the land tax?
    I thought you had some commercial properties too?

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nah...mate....all resi....N Zed.......would look at....it...

As for commercial...maybe I should get you to find me one? ;)

The stuff I am doing is chump change compared to what you are doing....

Perthguy likes this.
  17. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Mi
    My portfolio is pretty passive ...unlike yours where you add value and turn dogs and lemons into cash cows.
    I only hang on and ride the tide
    I did pass a $88k net rental sold at $900k around ...yes one of my mates brought it
    Valuer said $60k spent will move the mortgage valuation from $1m to $1.3m

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Happy to be your mate... :)

Cactus likes this.
  19. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Great stuff Sash!! we all learn alot when you share your figures and strategies.

I mainly play with retain and build type projects and H&L. I keep some, sell some, depending on market conditions at the time and what I anticipate might happen. If I identify a better utilization of my funds, I sell up and move my money for more growth.

Cactus, SOULFLY3 and Perthguy like this.
  20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ta...just plodding along like you. ;)

Remember keep motivated ignore the heretics and naysayers...Oostralyaa have quite few of those...

Taku Ekanayake, Cactus and Connor like this.