Stress management - what do you do?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by JenW, 4th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I hope you don't get stressed when you're doing your grocery shopping.

Or is that why you're banned from every supermarket in town?

TMNT likes this.
  2. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

browsing through propertychat… best stress relief these days..

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

oh no.....................yes I am banned everywhere,
    but everywhere I go iSeem to see your photo next to mine!!! :)

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Have a look at our photos in the forum. They're identical, just like little houses. How can you tell yours and mine apart?

(I'm not sure what that thing sticking up from the roof is. My grandfather says it's something to do with burning wood indoors).

5. Matty77

Matty77 Active Member

Stress isn't something you should take lightly, it can quickly turn into depression which can be a real difficult thing to get out of and people can quickly feel like they are trapped with nobody to help them. Been there done that.

If its a temp thing then you can work through it with some of the things people have mentioned already, exercise, eating healthier, get decent nights sleep, have an outlet to relax (maybe alcohol as it worked for me)

If its a permanent cycle then you may need to make drastic changes NOW, maybe quit your job (if that's the stresser) and do what you can to reduce the stress. For me, well I quit a very well paid job with a company I had been with for many years. If I hadn't don't it I reckon I would have died from stress by now, its no joke..

Oh and sex helps. ;)

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for thos people that feel like their life is ovee if they arent always employed in highly paid jobs
    Ita seems that these people arent in any fiancial stress but yet when they are forced to take a few days extta annual leave or god forbid ubpaid leave. They act like the world is ending

I find people are the happiest are those that do what they at least enjoy no matter how much they get paid and as they long as they can live comfortably

7. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I go swimming. Exercise and routine where you can focus on doing just one thing help. With swimming, I usually push my self until I'm running out of breath. You'll be surprised how fast your brain focus on keeping afloat when it think that you're dying.

Cuddle with the dog and ask for help, or even just opinion. Outside views help you reframe what's happening, and they might be not as bad/ hopeless as you think.