QLD Strathpine

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by dabbler, 8th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Been looking at Northside, yet to have a good look on the ground, but stumbled on some things that have a pretty good return, anyway whats your take or experience in this Suburb ?

What does the regional council slug you for council rates and water ?
    How is the crime ?
    How does it compare to Bracken Ridge - is it only the local council area that makes a big change
    Seems the data shows a drop in growth coming into 2016 (and you can see places with older listings)
    Seems also some parts get poor return, others higher ?
    How do the locals look upon the location, I was thinking of looking for a corner block for future development, may be a waste of time in this area
    Are the schools ok there

Any other thoughts ?

Frankly I was looking for closer, 15ks, but seems too hot now.

2. allisterlm

allisterlm Active Member

3. 733

733 Well-Known Member

There is excellent value in Bracken Ridge and the suburb is in good demand from tenant - five minutes from beautiful Sandgate (train line to CBD) along the waterfront with café and restaurant precinct; many choices of schools; regular Translink bus services; strong growth; local shopping centres; multiple parklands; great value with older homes circa 1970's and 80's on larger parcels of land in comparison to Fitzgibbon (next door suburb) on very small parcels of land

jchan86 and bob shovel like this.
  4. rtaapr

rtaapr Member

how is Strathpine doing now? I have ~450K to spend on IP
    will it be better spent on something in western/north west Melbourne or here ?
    prefer CG

5. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Yep, I have a few in Bracken Ridge and in Bald Hills. Both excellent in my view - tenants immediately moved in on day of settlement for the Bald Hills one and only 1 week for the Bracken Ridge one.

Very very good tenants as well. Always pay on time and keep the house immaculate.

Bald Hills experiencing more growth though but I see big potential in both.

Foxdan likes this.