QLD Strathpine, Bray Park vs Corio Norlane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katie, 11th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Moreton Bay or Corio

1. Moreton bay

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Corio

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Hello Guys so have crossed Acacia Ridge off my list now I have it down to 2 choices Mb region Brisbane Strathpine,Kallangur,Lawnton,Bray Park or Corio and Norlane in Geelong all I can afford now in the Geelong area it’s rough but closer to Melbourne used to live in Geelong so know the area well.

2. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I have around $380.000 to spend can maybe lend $10.000 more I know Geelong will only get me $320 a week where is Qld will get me $400 per week and the choice probably to buy again if I choose im leaning towards Qld but will Corio Norlane see better growth in the next couple of years.

3. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I have a deadline of 2 months to choose not waiting any longer then that.

4. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Corio and Norlane have had a large spurt in growth lately, it might not go on for much longer. The boat's sailed there, for now, unless you find a property that's below market value and you pretty it up. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

5. Jake Milne

Jake Milne Well-Known Member

$380k is a tough price point even for Corio, where most of the well positioned full size blocks are now $400k or more.

You have to be careful with Corio too as it has a lot of council housing and that means potential headaches from bad tenants for you as a landlord.

It’d be better getting a half block in a better suburb in Geelong unless your plan is sub-division.

Launceston, Petrie, Zillmere are other areas that are interesting for <$380k with the idea of grabbing a little bit of growth before the bear/ credit crunch part of the debt cycle kicks in starting ~2019-20.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.