Strategy change, considering PPOR

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by JesseT, 12th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. JesseT

JesseT Well-Known Member

Really appreciate the input everyone, many thanks.

I don't see ourselves happy buying a 800k PPOR in Sydney, really not many options for this price now, maybe gloasodia which is flood zone.
    I think we are better off waiting until we are in the position to buy what we really want as some of you have suggested.

We are now definately considering the option of selling g LTP. But if we don't buy elsewhere this money will just be in an offset saving us 7k pa (deductible debt) so let's call it 5k?
    And I don't think we would have the serviceability to reinvest it.

I would expect LTP to grow more than 5k (tax free) over the next 12 months so I would prefer to hold this closer to the end of our 6 years (2019)

In saying that, if our tenants don't renew in 3 months when the lease is up I think we will offer the sale to them and the put it on market.
    I would prefer to sell it now then take a chance on new tenants, I'll also continue to monitor number of sales and days on market in case things head south.

Last edited: 19th Jul, 2017
  2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Just be aware that if "things head south" it can happen very quickly and with little or no warning.

By the time you get the house on the market, buyers may have disappeared.
    Marg

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice