Strategy 2017 and beyond

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Gockie, 9th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I'm just starting out..

Plan for 2017 is to aggressively add to the PPOR offset so I have a bigger buffer should fertiliser hit oscillator. If that doesn't happen it will magically turn into an "opportunity" fund should something come up.

I'll keep hanging around here so I'll know what an opportunity looks like and how to grab it when one finally arrives. :)

2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

Plan for 2017 is to grow my business and to help my current clients grow their wealth.

My focus is now USA market, Atlanta, starting with rehabs/flips. This is very attractive due to different entry points.

The Australian market in terms of developing is not stacking up for me or my clients because development sites have soared in price, in particular Melbourne and Sydney. The entry level combined with trying to source finance and interest rates rises is making this a far more difficult proposition.

Developing is also on the agenda, in USA. On my last visit to Atlanta I secured 5 development sites and our first project 5 townhouses starts in Jan/Feb 2017 with expected 40% gross returns. Easier to Get DA approvals and building is half the time it takes in Australia.

I will also be looking at lower entry, cash flow opportunities in other States in US. I have some ideas and on my next visit will work on this.

The key is to buy low and potentially capture growth, some States that lagged behind are now on the move.

If Trump comes good with proposed infrastructure spending in inner city areas this may be the icing on the cake.

Am also looking at strategies where we can significantly increase cashflow, a brilliant strategy , rent to own. US provides amazing opportunities purely due to the size of this market and the fact that property markets have been rising.

Gockie and SOULFLY3 like this.
  3. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Property related plans for 2017...

Finish construction of our new PPOR which is our first ever knock down and rebuild...so am learning a lot,...and is exciting watching it go up now!

Sell our current PPOR to free up some more $$$ for a bit of a safety net in the offsets....just incase.... so might just sit and watch what the second half of 2017 brings and then decide whether to look at purchasing IP's again or just hold tight for a bit.

We have been rather aggressive in accumulating property and debt over the last 11 years, so it was a big mindset shift to actually sell an IP earlier this year to help fund the new PPOR build, but I think in hindsight was the right thing to do for our own circumstances.

I know once this build is finished ill get an itchy trigger finger to try and find a "deal" but....might be time to just do nothing...dunno...im torn :)

Gingin and 380 like this.