Strata Report

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Gonx, 29th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gonx

Gonx Well-Known Member

What is the deal with strata reports? My agent says this will be needed by buyers and can take 2 weeks which the buyer will purchase. I would have thought the last AGM meeting document would be enough?

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Whilst the last AGM minutes are useful they won't tell you the full story.
    What repairs have been done in previous years?
    Insurance claims?
    History of raising special levies?
    How many times have they changed strata manager?
    Outcome of litigation with builders? and so on.

Strata inspections take 1-2 hours not weeks. You can even do your own if you know what you're looking for.

Gonx likes this.
  3. Gonx

Gonx Well-Known Member

thanks buddy, I remember you from Somersoft. Good to see your still alive, kicking and doing business in property ;)

I will do some more research on this subject. If anyone has anything else to add it would be great. The hard part will be to tell the agent they are wrong about it taking a week or more, I don't want them to think I think they are useless as I want them to sell my place. ;)

4. Gonx

Gonx Well-Known Member

Hi Propertunity, can you or someone tell me how the buyer can obtain a report in hours and not days or weeks? I have tried to do a little research but I have not found out how to get a report quickly. I found a website at How & When To Order A Pre Purchase Strata Report that provides a lot of helpful info but even they seem to indicate it will at least take days to get the report.

5. Propertunity

Ring the strata manager first and see if any units in the complex have been sold recently. If so they will know the details of the company that did the strata report. Call them and they will email you the report for a reduced fee.

If not just ring a few strata report companies and see who can do a report urgently same day. Companies like Civic Strata and others. Google "strata reports NSW"

6. Gonx

Gonx Well-Known Member

OK, well it's not for me it's for the buyer to sort out but I just wanted to know so I can let them know. thanks anyway but I don't think it's going to be that simple for the general buyer to get it in hours, sure a property expert might though.

7. Propertunity

If you are the seller, and you've engaged a good selling agent to sell your property, you won't be getting to tell the buyer anything :)

Gonx likes this.
  8. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

Conveyancers usually have relationships with strata report providers. The buyer can ask their conveyancers to put them in touch with someone.

Gonx likes this.