ACT Strata Managed Insurance

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Goosehead, 28th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Goosehead

Goosehead Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone here knows how much MGA Insurance is likely to pay to a Strata Managment Company for using there insurance products? I noticed in the agreement with strata manager they 'may' receive money from MGA if they are ised to provide insurance. I have asked, but they will not disclose the amount, further when pressed to provide further quotes or change provider at the AGM, it is 'to late' to change this year. Has anyone else had experience with this.

The property is in a small block of two properties. It shouldn't be too hard to change, however the other owner never turns up to vote.

Any information or ideas are appreciated

2. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

In Qld, fairly sure they must disclose commissions. If the strata manager is using the SCA's standard contract form, check park I of the doc, here's an example of one sitting in front of me to give you an idea:

upload_2019-6-28_17-31-23.png

Also, in the AGM agenda, the items are required to be disclosed as well where motions if approved for works being undertake would see commissions paid to the strata manager etc:

upload_2019-6-28_17-36-22.png

Goosehead likes this.
  3. Goosehead

Goosehead Well-Known Member

Thanks for that information, I think I need to chase some more information.