Stranger wants to put family member in will

Discussion in 'Wills & Estate Planning' started by Tim & Chrissy, 12th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

Schedule doesn't mean he is admitted involuntarily to a mental health ward. It means he is taken to hospital and assessed, if they are of the option he is mentally well/the issue can be resolved with medication he will be released back into the community.

We DIY a lot of things as a family, this isn't one we will be trying to complete without the help of professionals.

Schedule was also the option AFTER we try get him help via the MH team.

2. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

In my previous discussions with someone who was sent to Cumberland without a choice, they said they were "Scheduled" I took this to mean commited but I guess they were deemed in the hospital assessment that they needed to be committed?

Thanks, I have learned something new today :).

3. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

From my limited experience it has been quite common for someone who has been scheduled (i.e. involuntarily taken for assessment) to be released and their care managed in the community if that ia the most suitable option. I'd expect this would be the case with this gentleman because as you point out he isn't physically harming himself or anyone else.

With any luck he'll agree to the referral to the MH team and they can help him.

bob shovel likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia