Stock investment resources

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by The Falcon, 22nd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

2. oddshapes

oddshapes Well-Known Member

Kochie has started a free streaming money channel that is open throughout the trading day. All-day discussion about business and finance for those interested.
    www.ausbiz.com.au

twisted strategies likes this.
  3. Sick_of_scams

Sick_of_scams Well-Known Member

Hi, I just came across your post after I was recommended by someone about looking at Share Wealth Systems. They claim to have picked the share crash and saved members profits. I have been using another buy/hold strategy with another DIY platform and lost a huge amount of profit as I went with the fall.
    You appear to be knowledgeable on the founder and creator of this and would appreciate more insight if possible? The 'system' as outlined on the website looks very impressive and easy to use with buy/sell signals to basically only require you to act on those signals. And they seem to also assist in the initial set up of your portfolio too. Nobody can 100% time it right but it seems from what they claim, they have outperformed the index very well and gone to cash positions just prior to crashes and re-entered at the right times again. Sounds like a nirvana trading system. Hence why I am concerned 'if it sounds too good to be true ...'
    Very little online regarding reviews about the system as well.

Cheers.

4. APINDEX

APINDEX Well-Known Member

I'm not I have never heard of him..

I am only basing my uneducated opinion on the above also sounds too good to be true, but again I am not aware of this business though perhaps others are..?

5. Songo

Songo Well-Known Member

lol, my thoughts exactly. I mean people always say "invest early to enjoy greater returns later on" but if at any given moment in time you only have enough money to invest in your present life versus your future life, then its not dead money to live and enjoy your life in the present as opposed to live like a hermit and maximize your savings so you can enjoy your life later. There is a sweetspot between "living" and "living beyond your means" IMO.

6. APINDEX

7. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Doesnt somebody like you. Doesnt his video give panoramic view. What is impressive about cherry picking a low starting point to show a gain, then cherry picking an exit though only matching the index , then carefully selecting a future low point in the index to use as a reference for out performance. What point did he get back in the market or is he now falling further behind the index everyday and made a donation to the government,, He would have exited in time to miss all the SPP's oportunities. If he picked decent share's for a start the shares would have bounced back above his exit, or not dropped at all, Why is he wasting his time selling 85K of stuff for $1,800 and telling other people how to invest ? If it worked he would be busy investing his own money and keeping it secret making squillions for himself, because if a lot of people use it they would move the market in the opposite direction.

Last edited: 4th Jun, 2020
  8. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

I find Aswath Damodaran on youtube very good. His videos are on valuations of stocks and the market, providing his own numbers and how he arrives at them.

Coolcup and twisted strategies like this.
  9. APINDEX

10. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

https://www.pwlcapital.com/wp-conte...llar-Cost-Averaging-vs-Lump-Sum-Investing.pdf

Conclusion
    Dollar-cost averaging is the decision to gradually deploy a lump sum of cash into the stock market
    in order to avoid ex-post regretful timing. We have shown that, on average, dollar-cost averaging consistently trails lump sum investing about two-thirds of the time. This is true across stock markets and throughout history, and it is consistent with the historical nature of the equity risk premium. The implicit historical cost of dollar-cost averaging has been an annualized 0.38% over 10 years when compared to investing a lump sum.
    When lump sum investing has historically delivered its worst outcomes dollar-cost averaging has looked better than average, but it has not been a consistent remedy. It is not possible to know when lump sum investing will deliver its worst outcomes ahead of time, so we test two forward-looking measures. We find poor results for dollar-cost averaging during bear markets and when stock prices are high. Dollar- cost averaging tends to under-perform lump sum investing during bear markets (53.66% of the time) and when stocks are trading in the 95th percentile of historical valuations (63.70% of the time).
    Given the data supporting lump sum investing we believe that there is a strong statistical argument to avoid dollar cost averaging unless it is absolutely necessary from a psychological perspective, and if that is the case, we believe that the long-term asset allocation may need to be revised toward a more conservative portfolio.

11. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

I love the content these guys create - this is a very timely message for me. Psychologically I have trouble with the idea of dumping the whole lot in right now. But this post was enough of a nudge to get me to consider significantly increasing the DCA parcel size.

12. APINDEX

13. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

14. dunno

dunno Well-Known Member

Stumbled across this one. It's an oldie but Gold. Things really don't change much.

LeeM, mdk, Anne11 and 4 others like this.
  15. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

twisted strategies and DoggaPP like this.
  16. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

Expect the S&P 500 to give 5.5% return moving forward (this was over a year or two ago when PE was at 18): dividend 2%, buyback 2.5%
    @34 and after minute mark

Jeremy Siegel Wharton

17. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

18. Redwing

19. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

That fella looks familiar. So the question is "Did you really have to, @Redwing or are you just taking the p***?"

I've been reliably informed the most 'successful' stockbroker and manager of other people's money in all history.

Income Fund

upload_2021-6-16_14-58-16.png

Growth Fund

upload_2021-6-16_14-58-54.png

APINDEX, Nodrog, The Falcon and 2 others like this.
  20. Redwing

raf,750x1000,075,t,FFFFFF_97ab1c12de.jpg

The latter ;)