Stick vacuum recommendations

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 5th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

That email reached my junk box also, it must be doing the rounds!

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Kogan arrived - clicked it together (so easy) and set off vacuuming. Lovely an quiet, yet picked up a lot of dog fur and sand so very happy. It's literally a 10 minute whip around, so no worries with the battery - but didn't work out the turbo button until I was about to put it back on the dock

Propin and Westminster like this.
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I've never used a stick. Thought they were just a bit of gimmicky junk, but when the neighbour moved, they gave us their cheap KMart one. OMG! I love it! OK, don't get me wrong, it's not great in the sucking department, but the convenience is amazing. So much so, that Hubby said he was going to go out & buy a Dyson. I stopped him in his tracks & said 'no way', as my experience with Dyson hasn't been great, but I recalled this thread, even though I hadn't read any of it.

What I need is something simple, that will not only pick up oodles of cat hair, but also kitty litter that the little darlings seem to scatter all over the floor. Anyway, about an hour ago, I read this, then went on to do some other stuff & now I've got adds for sticks popping up everywhere.

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

@Lizzie might be able to update more how her Kogan one is going now she's had it for a bit longer @skater

skater likes this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

It's going well - gets used around 3-4 times a week (sooooo much sand!). Not as good as the proper vacuum for sucking, but more than suffices for those "in between" zips around. Stays charged for around 30+ minutes (haven't flattened it yet, so not sure how long).

More than enough to whip along the necessary bits. Only thing is that you need to keep it pretty cleaned out, including the tubes, (preferably after each use) to get maximum suction

skater likes this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

My issue is going to be kitty litter, not sand. The cheapie clears up most things, but really struggles with the kitty littler. I use the corn/tofu stuff, which is quite heavy, but amazing for kittens because it clumps, but is all natural, so if they eat it, it won't hurt them.

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Pity you don't live closer so could trial it :(

8. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

I loooove my Tineco stick vac.:D Sucks actually better than our old normal Dyson.

Hence Dyson has now been retaired in the garace.

9. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

So both your vacuums will be gathering dust.

10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I know right? But Kogan are out of stock at the moment anyway.

Lizzie likes this.
  11. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

Literally :D

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

My dyson is starting to die, hence I want updates on how yours are all performing after a year. No pets, no carpet and I want to take it away in my bus next year.

13. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I ended up buying a normal one after my pet one started playing up. Apparently it’s fixable - stops and starts but I haven’t got around to repairing it yet!
    I think I’ve had it a year, I didn’t notice any difference between the two except it has less attachments and aren’t shareable between the two different ones. The older pet one had better attachments for cleaning cars so when I do get it fixed it will be handy for that purpose. Big W tends to offer discounts on the different models at different times.

14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

My cheapie one was great at first - but doesn't suck so well nowadays (even fully charged and empty). Easier just to get the mop/broom out

15. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

So when it doesn't suck, it sucks?

Lizzie likes this.
  16. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

Dyson stick vac all the way. Mine lasted YEARS before the battery life degraded.

When you do need to get a new battery, go through Dyson and get a genuine one. It will make your vacuum new again. Don't stuff around with the ebay cheapies.

17. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

We’ve had Dyson , stick and normal . Wouldn’t buy one again . Problematic .

inherited a Miele and it was so good we bought another for our weekender , but wasn’t a stick .

have discussed dyson’s with other people and more negative comments than positive .

they look really cool

cliff

18. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

We've got the same one, it tries to clear itself when the tube is blocked that's why it works so hard by itself. One thing I don't like about it is that the parts like the lid are a bit temperamental with the dust getting stuck in the catch, other than they work well.

Dan Donoghue and See Change like this.
  19. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

This has been our experience too, with an upright (x 2 - both didn't work) and now the second stick which also is a PITA. Never again.

See Change likes this.
  20. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Soooooo, this broke.

NOT the fault of the vac.

During some rigorous vaccing, the head got snagged on the edge of a recliner and it got pulled at the wrong angle which made the tube holder tear away from the barrel slightly so we bought a replacement.

After looking around and asking various folks, we decided to replace it with............ The same thing :). We love this thing so much we bought a new one of the same vac :).

The new one seems to have slightly better suction and doesn't seem to get blockages in the tube any longer. Not sure how they addressed that but happy they did as that was our only gripe previously.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.