Steve Waters and Victor Kumar from Right Property Group

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by EmmaS, 28th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Hi,

Just writing here to see if anyone else have used Right Property Group and their BA service? I'm a bit surprised that there's not more on here about the company or Steve Waters and Victor Kumar. I'm listening to the Smart Property Investment Podcast and they often have clients of theirs on there telling their investment story, but haven't been able to find many people on here that can share their experience. Would love to here from someone that have used the company.

Cia likes this.
  2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

we have done finance for many of clients of RPG

generally good deals, straight forward and value up fine

ta

rolf

Redwing likes this.
  3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I don't recall much discussion recently - but I know there was some discussion over on Somersoft a few years back.

4. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Ok, thanks for the reply Rolf good to hear.

5. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Thanks for that Simon, I was never active on Somersoft but will have a look now.

6. HapppyChat

HapppyChat Well-Known Member

We have just bought our second property with them. Victor is professional, client focussed and calm, no hype and good to work with. I also find the planning and strategy talks very helpful, it's made me look at my portfolio and where it's all going in a whole new way, and each purchase is designed to fit into the overall goal. Also help sourcing trusted tradies and builders in interstate locations is valuable. I will build with their assistance next then buy with them again.

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I've never used them.....but have met Steve Waters many times.....usually at an auction we were both interested in. I'm pretty sure he wasn't involved in Right Property Group back then, but I could be mistaken. He always seemed to be a nice guy. Not sure if that helps you or not.

As for the Right Property Group, unlike many others, I don't recall any bad comments that I've heard. There is one investor I know who did use them to source a few, but I think that was mainly in the early years of their investing. They've never had a bad word to say about them.

8. fols

fols Well-Known Member

I'd have to say that based on what I've heard/ seen (interviews, podcasts etc) they both seem like the real deal.

9. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Thanks for that, good to here!

10. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Thanks for the information! I've listened to a fair few podcasts with Victor and to me he comes off as straight forward and honest (I guess you always just wondering if that's actually the case). Do you know if they have local buyers agents in different locations around the country or if they just fly there when they are looking at properties interstate?

11. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Yes i agree, they've made a good impression on me from the different interviews I've read and podcasts I've heard!

12. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Emma, they have been around for ages, so that's a good thing. I met them some years ago and they seemed like decent blokes. I don't think they seek a lot of attention. They don't paint themselves as gurus or anything like that. They just get on and do the business.
    And I say all that despite the fact they don't use us for Depreciation Schedules.
    Scott

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not sure whether my post was deleted.

Don't know the group.

However, I would ask to view some of their client purchases/addresses so you can get an idea on product what they purchased, and whether it was below/above market value etc etc.
    I think before anyone buys its sensible to check out their track records, words are cheap;)

Last edited: 6th Sep, 2017
  14. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

I have met with them a few times as well, decent people, genuine. Haven't heard anything negative about them so far.

They also run regular seminars ( or different names) at Parramatta, I have attended a few times a few years back. there was no hard sell, i liked it.

15. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Its often a good sign when others here (many above!) comment on those who appear to be reasonable property wealth managers especially over time. There are some really really good ones who unfairly get thrown into the same basket as the aggressive spruikers etc.

And then just be wary. Seek own valuations or truly independent vals not through anyone involved. Own lawyers etc. The (hidden?) "cost" of dealing with an intermediary may be little different to a BA fee. They may also get a developer kickback so you get a good deal and they get paid by the developer which is all disclosed and you are cool with.

16. Subodh Shirodkar

Subodh Shirodkar Well-Known Member

Hi Emma
    I have used services of RPG Victor & Steve for about 9 IP in my early phase of investing. All good no regrets. Still in touch with them.
    PM me happy to share my experience.

17. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Thanks for your comment! Yes it feels reassuring that they've been around for a long time. They've both stated that they have invested through many property cycles and in different market conditions and I think they are still actively investing in todays market which I think is good.

18. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Yes I agree, nothing like actually seeing exactly what they have recommended for their clients, what they purchased them for and what they are valued at today. I've definitely got more research to do before I would consider going with a certain buyers agent :)

19. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Thanks for your comment Eric, good to hear. Yes I've seen them post about the seminars on their Facebook, would love to go to one but unfortunately I live in the NT. Will try and get to one when I'm in Sydney in October.

Eric Wu likes this.
  20. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Thanks for your wise words Paul, totally agree. Seems to be a lot of kickbacks and undisclosed incentives in the world of property investment advisory unfortunately..