Steps and the procedures for building up home extension?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by [d4rk-fr3d], 8th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. [d4rk-fr3d]

[d4rk-fr3d] Well-Known Member

Hi People,

I'd like to perform some home extension on my current Investment Properties (IP) into two stories house before I move in as my Principal Place of Residence (PPoR).

May I know which of the first steps should I begin with to submit the Development Approval (DA) or DCP:
    • Town Planner
    • Architect
    • Builder
    • Council Approval
    • Bank / Lender approval
    If anyone can assist in elaborating what are the steps required and the cost involved, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Not unless you're building something contentious

Or a drafty depending upon what's required - probably the best place to start.

Once you have plans or some have in-house designers and will do design & construction but it will tie you to that builder throughout the process

Not until you have plans

Once you know what it will cost but knowing your budget & borrowing capacity may make the decision between a laminate kitchen vs polyurethane easier.

Never giveup and Lizzie like this.
  3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

I recommend finding out what your borrowing capacity is and work backwards from there.

Lizzie likes this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

A lot of builder also have draughtsmen that they prefer to use ... doesn't mean you have to use them, but can help for things to run smoother.