Starting Out - Case Studies

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PTR, 25th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PTR

PTR New Member

Hello all,

24 years old, currently working and renting in Brisbane with my partner whilst trying to put away savings for a first investment purchase.

Been reading a number of books and articles etc. on property to try and build some knowledge before diving in. But there is only so much detail covered in these. Are there any case studies or scenarios with more detailed working and actual dollar figures out there?

Would love to be able to read through someone purchasing and renovating or purchasing and developing with some numbers behind each step to give a better insight.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

jefn89 likes this.
  2. jefn89

jefn89 Well-Known Member

Hey Pete,

Welcome to the community, ultimately your best option would be to link up with someone who's already doing what you're looking to do and learn from them. It's a long and drawn out process to get to those goals. Speaking of goals that's the thing you need to determine first i.e. how much time do you want to put into your investing in property, what outcomes are you looking for etc

There's plenty of paid courses out there that have what your describing there although figure out what you want to do and then maybe ask more specific questions i.e. Jane Slack Smith does courses, Cherri Barber does renovation ones, Bob Anderson has an allround course.. I'm not advising or spruiking these courses and there's plenty more out there

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Welcome.

Maybe start with:
    Investor Stories & Showcase

The Y-man

Perthguy likes this.
  4. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Some great stories back on the old Somersoft site as well.

Perthguy likes this.
  5. PTR

PTR New Member

Thanks everyone, much appreciated! :)

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

There are heaps of development threads following the project on here and Somersoft but they are often state specific so some things might vary for the state you are going to develop in.