Resources & Tools Starting an online business- resources

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Ezzo, 21st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I was looking for recommendations on beginner's books and other resources regarding starting an online business. From inspiration, beginner "how to" books etc.

I am looking at increasing my cash flow and serviceability and trying to weigh up options.
    Thanks

2. jafeica

jafeica Well-Known Member

Some good blogs to get you started. I couldn't be bothered to type them all out, so here's a screenshot. Google the titles and you'll find them...

123.jpg

3. JessicaP

JessicaP Well-Known Member

Have you got any idea of *what* online business? I find that whole world fascinating and a wee bit terrifying but so many people seem to make it work.

4. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Do you mean independently or via Ebay?

5. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Having a desired product/service helps a lot too!
    Don't forget that bit.

6. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

Thanks Jefeica, will check them out.

I have no idea JessicaP. My mind has considered it over the past few years, but always put it in the too hard basket, as I was so focussed on property and didn't want to spread myself too thin. Jack of all trades, master of none concept. But with my property journey temporarily stalling, I both have time and energy to put into this, and my mind keeps returning to the idea generally. So I'm thinking it is time to investigate it properly. I am in awe of those who do it successfully, and am getting to a point where I don't want to sit on the sidelines anymore.

I have some of my "why" that I use for property investing that will translate to business, but I have a lot of the basics to work on before I am at a place where it will happen.

7. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

No idea yet. Not sure if I should have product/idea first or platform. I guess how I sell depends on the product and its market.

JessicaP likes this.
  8. Vultures

Vultures Well-Known Member

I have recently read Rework and The Millionaire Fastlane. Highly recommend reading both before you decide on anything. The Millionaire Fastlane starts off a bit so-so but gets very good, well worth reading.

Good luck!

9. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Well-Known Member

The $100 Dollar Startup and Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs are both worth a read as starting points.

Vultures and 158 like this.
  10. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

Thanks. Both were on audible too. Score! Am halfway through rework already. Seems to be more geared to those that already have the idea and giving them that push, but I still find these books useful for your global view.
    And thanks, will definitely check those out too Gingerbeer. Low cost start-ups are a bonus

11. Vultures

Vultures Well-Known Member

+1
    I've just started Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs and despite the title (anything with "secret" in it usually puts me off), it's looking good so far.

12. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

I'll agree, it is shaping up to be an interesting read. I was a bit surprised to only see one review on Amazon, but it is Australian based.

I may see if I can find an almost step by step guide soon. They mentioned 5 minute business in the book which sounds promising? For where to find things and get up and running.