started advertising for my own tenants

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 26th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

I wanted to start advertising for my own tenants as i wanted higher rent and wanted then to hand over prospectuve tenants to my PM but... Boy i have been getting weird strange and sad texts to my phone after advertising my IP

"""Heres a few ... Hi saw ya ad online just need a place to stay im with my partner who is sleeping in the car and im on with my mums lounge as we got kicked out of our old place as the landlord had to refurnish.
    We are good tenants and have a 6 month old baby and small dog, , we need urgent now, love k ""

Another very disturbing text today ...

"""My name is j... C.... I wish to apply for the vacancy as i am a 26yo female who is a carer of my 16yo sister, i need a house desperately as i was sexually assaulted in my old house.
    I felt i had no option but to move out and the person accussed is out on bail.
    My partner ( girls name) earn just over $2000 per fortnight, victim services have offered to pay our bond.
    I would dearly like to look at the premises and move in ASAP.
    Regards (girls name)"""""

"Hello Sir do you still have the house rental I am a single mother with 3 children and myself and friend Daniel are looking for a house to stay awhile.
    Daniel was injured at work and has a bad back so being close to shops and medical is a bonus."""call us quick mate if you can """

Strange stuff ... I may just hand it all back to my Property manager !!!

Last edited: 26th Sep, 2015
  2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Hiya

Why are you trying to attract new tenants when you have a property manager? Isn't that their core role?

Cheers

Jamie

3. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Because... I just wanted to see if anyone would pay $360/380 a week but i seem to be getting desperate type of people and she can have it back !!!

4. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

Yuck.... I don't know why people think desperation will make them an appealing prospect!

5. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I usually got 'hi is the property still available?'............

Decided it wasn't worth the hassle...!

legallyblonde and joel like this.
  6. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

I must have been lucky! Most of mine just gave me a brief summary of their situation (family/couple, pets ect) and asked for the inspection times.

7. sammmeee

sammmeee Well-Known Member

Yep I've had some crazy weird ones like that. Might sound cold but my finger goes DELETE!
    Sob stories dont get properties, only solid applications with good references and employment history.

8. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

looks like it was advertised on gumtree?

9. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is the typical renter in Lake Haven. Perhaps, PM already has a waiting list of people who want to rent in Lake Haven. BTW, I can't find any property sold for $315K in the last 2 months. A good price.

10. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Just ignore all the sad texts. You only need one solid application.