NSW Stanhope Gardens, NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jennifer Duke, 14th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

I hear rumours from agents that the froth is off the top and it's starting to slow down (quicker than other parts of Sydney).

My sister is keen to buy (PPOR) but I don't know if there's any point in hurrying now... She wants a standalone house or villa (she currently rents locally and my cousins recently bought in the suburb too).

Anyone know the area well?

All insights much appreciated!

2. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Look into the infrastructure planning going on.

An earlier thread of mine mentioned it.

NSW - North West Growth Centre (NWGC) Road Network Strategy

Logically railway will eventually be extended from Cudgegong Road towards the south.

Watch out for flooding risks in Schofields / Riverstone and Marsden Park.

Gotta dash. Boarding a flight to Nepal.

Jennifer Duke likes this.
  3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Have a great trip and we'll catch up in the new year. Stay safe.

4. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

I grew up in Schofields, never any flooding issues. Occasionally the feeder roads were closed due to flooding, however it never affected any of the houses in the area.
    Marsden park is a touch lower - therefore flooding may be more of a concern there.

5. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

A large part of Stanhope Gardens is part of community title which requires you to pay community fee per quarter. Obviously if you like using their swimming pools and tennis courts, that's fine. But if not I suggest you buy houses that are not in community title.

areas that are within walking distance to new train station will do well.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You mustn't be that old @BKRinvesting - the last big flood out Riverstone/Richmond/Schofields was in the late 1980's. We had staff who had to come to the city via the Bells Line of Road to the Blue Mountains as they simply could not pass the other way.

7. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

Guilty...
    Timeline, milestones.

Moved there around 2000

8. Kashmir

Kashmir Well-Known Member

I personally think prices in Stanhope are inflated pretty much like all other suburbs around the area (train line).
    Like someone posted earlier, if I had to, I would only buy the following in Stanhope
    - Close to the rail line (Around newbury) - Check the planning document.. some of the standalone houses around Newbury are going to be rezoned.. (well proposed!)
    - Standalone house (Not community titled)

I suspect there will be bargains in the next few months.. however they may spike again closer to the end of 2016 when work starts at the Kellyville station.

9. JazzyOnline

JazzyOnline Member

Hey Guys, sorry for bumping this old thread again. I am in the market looking to buy my first home. Have just inspected a few places at Stanhope Garden (still very expensive :(). I was told by the agent that the property is a COMMUNITY title with approx $400pq charges.

My query to anyone who is well aware of Stanhope Gardens and the Community Title there is:

1) In future if the roads need repair work, will it need to be paid for by the community? Similarly any sewerage work - is it council or community?

2) Are you aware of any major issues in that community? Any buyer bewares?

3) What are the future risks with buying into a community title?

Thanks!

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Its dropping faster than a lead balloon...I would personally wait...supply is a lot.

Quakers Hill is falling like crazy also...you are seeing stock sub 6s..and if you are luck you could pick a distressed single storey duplex or T/H sub 5 in time....

JazzyOnline likes this.
  11. JazzyOnline

JazzyOnline Member

@sash definitely not debating on your point and your experience/expertise. On the dropping part, I think things are just starting to change just very slightly. Nowadays I am seeing higher turnouts at inspections and people are infact earlier than the advertised time. Demand seems to be exceeding available stock. Just stating what I am seeing.

Any advise on the community title bit? Would community title holders need to pay for road repairs or is that council’s responsibility?

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Most community titles are for common areas...but you need to read the contracts.

Mate....lots of people of certain backgrounds running in and buying.....but that does not mean the market will go up....the Hills market is going no where for 5-6 years. Lots of these people have not done their homework...and will get a rejection at finance.

I went to the display home centre in Kellyville last week...and chatted to a few people it is very quiet.

JazzyOnline likes this.
  13. JazzyOnline

JazzyOnline Member

Thanks @sash, always appreciate your views and opinions. I will keep a watch. For me it is a first home, so I am looking for a good appealing home amd hoping more stock comes into the market. Defenitely not going to blindly jump in and pay top dollar.

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I had friends living in Stanhope Gardens. Community title means the communal facilities like tennis court, swimming pool were paid for by all owners to maintain.

They lived there for a few years but eventually moved over to Artarmon as it’s so much closer to the city.

JazzyOnline likes this.