NSW Stanhope Gardens, Glenwood, Beaumont hills or Kellyville, where should I buy my family home?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Manisha, 4th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

I am planning to buy a house in one of these suburbs (Stanhope Gardens, Glenwood, Kellyville or Beaumont hills). My parameters are
    1. Proximity to metro station
    2. Safe suburb
    3. 400+ sqm land area
    4. Good schools (though it doesn't matter as if now)
    5. Not too old house (10-15 yrs old house will do)
    6. Good growth

which suburb do you suggest that will fit in all my parameters. Also are you guys witnessing any drop in prices in these area in recent months.

Thanks.

2. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi Manisha - I would pick Kellyville out of these. I think it is a better suburb overall in terms of location, proximity to facilities, and good for families.

A far as I know, there are not any particular price drops in these areas. Maybe if you wait a few months it will give a better indication.

3. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Thanks for reply. I have seen some streets in Stanhope Gardens and Beaumont hills which are near kellyville metro station, similarly some streets in Glenwood are close to Bella Vista metro station. Other than proximity what else do you think is better in Kellyville than other suburbs. My budget is ~1.1M. At this budget I could see some good houses in Stanhope Gardens and Beaumont hills but not in kellyville.

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

They are very different suburbs. You need to decide which one you want.

5. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Yes, I know my criteria which I've mentioned above, just wanted to know from people who have experience living in those suburbs- which suburb would better suit my criteria

6. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Kellyville & Beaumont Hills are in the Hills Shire and command a premium vs Glenwood/Stanhope which are in Blacktown.

Prices havent gone down and if anything up slightly.

If proximity is most important just draw a ring around the stations and look at everything that comes up.

Manisha and The.Night.King like this.
  7. The.Night.King

The.Night.King Well-Known Member

totally agree. Hills shire will have a much better capital growth in the long run as opposed to Blacktown. I also think the demographics in the Hills District is much better than the Blacktown Demographics. I have a family friend that lives in Kellyville and they love it there! so my bias is in Kellyville :p

Manisha likes this.
  8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Just a comment. I find if the reason why a suburb Stanhope Gardens vs. Kellyville etc. being in Council X vs. Y therefore buy in Y as a bit a strange and an unnecessary “snobby” criteria to be honest.

I personally would look for the place with the nicer gardens and streetscapes, the better "feel".
    Look at the schools
    Do the neighbours come across as nice people?
    Can you walk to station?
    Does the garden face north/get sun?
    Is the house well designed?
    Is the street quiet?
    Are there any shops nearby?
    How is the local public transport (i'll assume your kids might want to go somewhere when they are old enough, eg. Might get a casual job)
    Any local sportsfields?

Last edited: 4th Aug, 2020
    chaos, savvyausowner, richy and 2 others like this.
  9. hash_investor

Chances are The Hills Council will fulfill your criteria better than Blacktown the reason has been described above. You can look at individual streets but generally this is true.

Manisha likes this.
  10. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

I agree. I've visited these places and the overall feel of stanhope gardens is as good as suburbs in the hills. Now i want to know about the schools. I've heard Glenwood has some really nice schools....

11. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Yes, I'm more inclined to the hills district as well. Just wanted to understand are the schools there as good as Glenwood. Also should I go for Kellyville or Beaumont hills.

12. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

We've bought for many home buyers and investors over the last 15 years in these suburbs and know them well, but much will depend on your personal preferences and features etc. I note you prefer newer houses, however you'll need to consider older homes (up to approx 20yrs given the ages of the subdivisions in these suburbs) if you want more choice.

Up to $1.1m is more challenging for a freestanding non-community title younger home on both sides of Old Windsor Rd, though Kellyville and Beaumont Hills are definitely pricier than Glenwood, SG, K'Ville Ridge and The Ponds. We recently bought a great value 4x2x2 single level Mirvac build in Kellyville, 10min walk to the Metro and under $1.1m. We saw it off market first and were able to buy competitively quite quickly once it hit the market as we were ready to go. You will still need to be active in this market, as, despite the media hype, prices in this entry buying level aren't being impacted greatly at all. Best of luck with your search and happy hunting :)

Manisha likes this.
  13. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

I live around these areas, Kellyville is my pick out of the bunch, however there is also a decent price difference between them.

14. Ashik

Ashik New Member

Hi Manisha, we moved in Stanhope gardens and were looking in the same areas above like you. Was snobbish about hills district but market was very hot at that time. If you can afford then go for kellyville but as one poster said above it also comes down to the individual house, layout, aspect and street appeal. We love the house we bought and also liking the area after moving in. I think you can’t go wrong if you have easy access to metro. All the ammenities are easily accessible from all 4 suburbs.

15. PropNuB

PropNuB Well-Known Member

@Manisha given your criteria, I would suggest look at townhouses in Baulkham Hills and Cherrybrook if proximity to Metro station is not top priority. Schools and demographics wise these suburbs are better than the ones you have listed and also, from a Sydney perspective give you more snob factor!

You could also look at options in upper north shore in your price bracket. Just some additional ideas.

Manisha likes this.
  16. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

If you can forgo the 400sqm+ land area then you can find well-located properties near Rouse Hill Town Centre.

I live in the area close to Rouse Hill Town Centre and the convenience of being able to walk to the shopping precinct and the Metro station is fabulous.

Since this part of Rouse Hill was developed in the last 15 years, it's got nice wide footpaths (cycleways) and nice walkable parklands.

Larger land just means more time maintaining lawns / gardens. Most of the properties in this part of Rouse Hill are in the 300 sqm to 400 sqm range.

Manisha likes this.
  17. hash_investor

Be careful Baulkham Hills is known to still have some old houso style. The demographics is better in my opinion towards Kellyville / Kellyville Ridge because they were recently developed in the last 15 years or so.

18. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Can you please suggest which streets in Rouse hill I should look for. I’m not that familiar with the area.

19. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Just pull up google maps and look at the areas I have circled.

Both circled areas within a 15-20 minute walk of train station and town centre. Some parts just a 5-10 minute walk.

The circle near Aldi has older houses and bigger lots.

The circle near "The Local Shed Cafe" off Sanctuary drive has newer housing and lots of nice walking paths and parks. Also a community pool and tennis court in this area. The bigger lots are 300 to 400 sqm. The smaller ones closer to the station perhaps 200sqm to 300sqm but they are still free-standing houses. Convenience of proximity to the shops and station is the big plus of this area.

Proximity to the station (particularly for houses and townhouses) will mean they are less likely to drop in value.

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 11.49.12 am.png

Here's the map where rezoning potential was identified.

Keep in mind that a new Public Hospital is planned at the intersection of Schofields and Windsor Road.

Some of these areas could be rezoned at a later date (perhaps 10-15 years from now, after the high rise planned near the town centre has been built). They have been previously identified for rezoning potential. That could also add capital growth down the track.

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 12.01.46 pm.png

Manisha likes this.
  20. CTScan

CTScan Member

Manisha likes this.