Staging company sought, inner east Melbourne

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by Burramys, 21st May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

I'm seeking a staging company for my inner east Melbourne property. I have a rough idea of what is wanted and am faced with a lot of staging companies, too many! The place is two bedrooms, living, dining and kitchen, all big. It seems that this will cost perhaps $3000 or more. The tenants will not be out until two weeks before the auction, which I can put back if they take the full 60 days. However, they can give 14 days notice, so the place may be vacant before then.

Some questions.
    1 How long should the staging be in place, starting how long before the auction?
    2 What can I expect to pay for this?
    3 Can anyone recommend staging companies, and if so, which ones?
    4 Is there anything else I should know about staging?

TIA.

2. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Some questions.
    1 How long should the staging be in place, starting how long before the auction?
    As soon as you start showing people through the property until sold. It’s about creating the image and showing house to it’s best potential.

2 What can I expect to pay for this?
    Usually they have a 4 week rental with additional 2 weeks for ‘free’. Depends on amount by of rooms staged. Expect around $2000 - $2500 for a large unit approx.

3 Can anyone recommend staging companies, and if so, which ones? Staged Homes Ferntree Gully were cheaper than others & good. Can recommend. Earlier you book the better to get bet choice of furniture as they are popular. Otherwise ask your agent for contacts/references for others.

4 Is there anything else I should know about staging?
    Well worth it. Good luck

3. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

Thanks. The larger quotes were $3200-3750. Open House is close to the property and quotes $2640. I'm happy with them. The tenants gave 14 days notice late on Thursday, and I was unable to sort staging yesterday. Tuesday is fine. I need advice from the selling agent about when the staging should start, may need to do some minor repairs first.