staging a new house

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Fernfurn, 29th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Fernfurn

Fernfurn Well-Known Member

My daughter both have new houses which are just due to come on market. I will be staging mine with all new modern furniture, neutral blinds and one set of neutral curtains to take the baldness off one window. She believes people like to see a brand new clean house. Anyone have a position on this. They are next door but one in a new estate with not much on the market and we will stagger by about a fortnight them coming on the market. Do you think this is wise?

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Houses always look larger when staged. And it helps people imagine how to place furniture. It makes the house feel less empty and gives it some personality. Iā€™d do it.

3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Most (not all) buyers have no imagination. They'll walk into an empty bedroom and declare it only big enough for a single bed. If you stage it with a Double or Queen bed, there are no issues as it is staring them in the face. ALWAYS stage it - it gets more in sale price too.

craigc, wylie and Ross Forrester like this.
  4. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

The other benefit of staging is that it removes the personality of the owners.

You want the people at home opens to be able to imagine their life in the house. You do not them to think that they are walking through a place where somebody else has memories and a life - like an intruder.