NSW ST Marys, Investment Property

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bhb, 17th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bhb

Bhb Well-Known Member

Hi All, is St Marys a good investment option ? If yes - could you please advise which streets from St Marys should I be looking at ? Or any areas i should avoid ? Also, do you suggest any other suburbs good for investment. Thanks alot in advance.

2. tpal

tpal New Member

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since this thread was lasted updated. I am just seeking some expert advices for the property investment into the western Sydney region, especially the area around Penrith/St Marys (R3 zone) in term of potential capital growth compared to other suburbs near Parramatta in lower density zones.

Much appreciated your comments.

3. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

If I was to invest anywhere in Sydney right now it would only be in these areas.

Have you done any research at all? Do you know whats happening out there between now and 2026? Its only 4 years away.

tpal likes this.
  4. tpal

tpal New Member

My research shows Penrith and surrounds only went up about 30-40% from the recent boom over the last 7-8 years while everywhere else shot up at least double of these figures, so I was hoping there's more room to grow from these areas. Also, big frastructure spending the Nsw government planned in the west hopefully will provide economical driving force to the region. Penrith has a pretty good selective high school and private hospital which is a plus, and St Marys will get boosted from the new metro...

My main concerns were the drop in short/medium term due to the rate hikes and high mortgage stress in the region as mentioned in one of the recent research. Should I wait to pull the trigger??

And are there any other pros and cons that I've missed?

5. adim adis

adim adis New Member

Hi. The big pro that interests me is the 2nd airport at Badgery's Creek.

I am interested in Penrith as well, but can't decide between the surrounding suburbs of the future airport from Glenmore Park - St Mary's - Erskine Park - Horsley Park - Liverpool

Keen to learn more about the western suburbs.

6. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Read the St Marys thread.

Heaps of info on there. I've just read some updates on the progress of the metro and the recent $50M renovation to Mt Druitt Westfields.

Its amazing how much these areas have changed in 10 years. Only better things coming for the area as well in the very near future. I said it at the start of this boom St Marys/Mr Druitt will be a $1M suburb for basic 3 bedders. I'm seeing many sales already way over $1M+ which currently are larger or reno'd but the most basic of houses will be that price soon.