NSW St Mary's future growth?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by IbnBattuta, 4th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Interesting, we bought in 2013 in Werrington County and Claremont Meadows. Good sized blocks both with Granny Flat potential. A lot of doom and gloom about Sydney slow down of late has had me wondering whether we keep holding or cash out. Looks like they are pretty close to St Mary's and close to the new airport? I think we'll sit on them and see whether it's worth adding a GF on them in the future too.

2. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

If you considered selling, feel free to PM me with some detail.

3. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

PM me your address mate. If by any chance in luck we have bought next to each other it may be possible to do a joint build and instead of building a dual occupancy we can build like 6-7 townhouses or more depending on land size. My land is very good perfect flat square block of land and I want to buy my neighbor out as that's a corner block which will allow me a plethora of options. Kicking myself for not buying more corner blocks when I was younger - I didnt have the view of building back then. Arrgghh

4. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Funny you say joint as I told my mates lets all buy next door to each other to develop down the track, has not happened yet but im sure it will. Worst case if we want to build now I've been doing research on duplex builders and believe I have found the best for quality and price but there are cheaper options out there...

5. mickyyyy

6. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Didn't receive anything mate?

7. mickyyyy

8. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

St marys seems like it'll have upside over the coming 10 years, what with all of the projects attached to it.

Will it gentrify and lift values of houses/apartments higher? Who knows. A dark horse in this race could be the lower blue mountains just after Penrith. It offers a prettier landscape and a less cookie-cutter housing stock. Maybe that'll be a beneficiary?

9. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

ken oath

with parramatta as the new hub city slickers are flocking the mountains!
    Check out glenbrook and the premium you pay to live there! there's about 50 cafes booming

Bwinny likes this.
  10. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

I suppose some downsizers might move to the mountains too. Close enough to their adult children and grandchildren in the city, minus the city life stresses/traffic/noise.

11. Clayton

Clayton Well-Known Member

Hey mate, curious to know if you went ahead with the Duplex build. Early stages of thinking but considering reaching out to see if it's a viable equity option at this stage of the market

12. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

I dont think the numbers are too great for a knockdown rebuild duplex in st marys.

I dont know what your property is but if its a livable house id leave it as it is. If you include current market value of your property as base and add demo plus construction by a builder there wouldnt be much of a profit (while construction may be reduced - cost of duplex construction is still quiet high) and current market conditions have buyers on the upper hand still getting some good deals

Clayton likes this.
  13. Clayton

Clayton Well-Known Member

Cheers for the post mate, it's a 1960's corner block which would be great for development. It's 690sq which I think is too small for subdivision?.. Who knows if that changes in future as the old house is off to one half of the block which would make subdividing & another build ideal. Seems liveable as its never had any rental or maintenance issues, as you say maybe not the right time of the market.

14. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Inbox me if you like - might have a few tips if your willing to send the address

15. davaroo602

davaroo602 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have purchased my first 3 bedroom unit investment property 5 years in St Mary's, mainly for the reason of the future development of the Western Sydney metropolis. With the year we have faced, national and World economical downturn I felt I had no options but to sit on my hands and ride it through. It's quite fascinating to read the previous comments going back years ago.

The potential is long term growth. Currently, rents have been at a record low, eg eastern suburbs
    or inner west vacancies are high. It took me one month to have my unit tenanted in a pandemic which shows the greater St Mary's will have abundant renters. The million-dollar Q. is finding the right one. Just a word of advice to investors - Go with your instinct, do your research. Remember your agent works for you. If you don't agree with their "programëd" outdated institutionalized industry methodology then go elsewhere.

To sum up I thinkSt Mary's is a gem of an area to invest in. With all the future plans eg.(metropolis, Science hub 2nd Sydney airport) currently being implemented, it should be an attractive place to live regardless of demographics, disposable income, and current infrastructure.