Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

SS'er turned Accountant from Perth

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ben Elliott, 5th Oct, 2015.

1. Ben Elliott

Ben Elliott Member

Hello everyone - I haven't been active on this forum in a while but found my way back here recently. I was bene313 on SS. It's good to see some of the old members still around.

I have been interested in (and studying) property and investment for 15 years. While at uni I was unable to participate in the market. A bit about my investing life since then:

2010 purchased a house + granny flat on the Central Coast. @Propertunity from this forum was my buyers agent. To this day I have not physically seen the house nor been to the area. It was a yield play in an area I could afford. Took a few years of grad salary to gather the deposit!

2012 became involved in an accounting and business advisory firm. By far my most involved and rewarding investment so far. I love being in business and I love working with other small businesses. The focus has been here rather than property for the last few years.

2014 purchased small weatherboard PPOR near the beach in Perth. I love living near the beach :D

Along the way we also put a small sum into a local/private syndicate. Something I'd like to do more of - 10% return and no repairs, rates, etc!

Also into researching and on the lookout (more the wife than myself) for "side hustle" online business ideas/projects. Looking to launch the current idea soon.

charttv likes this.
  2. D.T.

D.T. Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

How did you get into this? What are its rules and what is its tax treatment?

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker - Australia Wide Business Member

Which beach do you live by? Living by the beach is the best thing ever :)

4. Ben Elliott

Ben Elliott Member

Some people I know run a syndication. Minimum buy-in 250k generally applies, 8yr time-frame but depends on the deal, essentially an unlisted property trust. Investors receive an annual tax statement. Summed up in this thread:
    https://propertychat.com.au/communi...l-and-for-what-returns-or-secure-income.4127/

Swanbourne :)

Jess Peletier likes this.
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member

Small world mr elliot, sanjeev here! Didnt realise you were on ss too, Good seeing you at dego recently!

Ben Elliott likes this.
  6. Ben Elliott

Ben Elliott Member

Hey Sanjeev!