QLD Springfield QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by mytwocents, 28th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mytwocents

mytwocents Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any advice on the property demand or expectation for Springfield in QLD?

I am a Victorian and have been given advice to buy in Springfield.. Hit or Miss?

2. Hills123

Hills123 Well-Known Member

I bought in Augustine Heights in July, and prices have increased since I bought (atleast by $50K)

I was able to find a tenant before settlement and at rent above my expectation!

There’s a lot of development in the area ie new schools, public hospital, new stadium etc. so I think there will be growth. There’s only one residential land estate left for development (spring mountain), so once that’s done people will have to look further out…

Though, I would avoid cookie cutter houses… I.e. small land, one living space, no upgrades etc. …

mytwocents likes this.
  3. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

It’s in Ipswich, which is the most undesirable of the 5 Brisbane LGAs. It’s much hotter in summer and much colder in winter than the other areas of metro Brisbane. Locals would snub their noses at the idea of Ipswich, but it’s riding the wave nonetheless and has already gone up LOTS, in line with the rest of Brisbane.

OP what are you looking for, a PPOR or IP? If IP, do you want CG or do you prefer yield? Budget?

Aren’t they all cookie cutter in newer estates? :D

Arthurark and Hills123 like this.
  4. mytwocents

mytwocents Well-Known Member

Like most investors… looking for CG and good yield. I have been told Brisbane market is experiencing both.
    I was told Thornlands but also great but nothing left that is new.

I’m from Melbourne so do not know too much but we are paying way too much per Sqm of property down here…Australia in general really

my only lingering thoughts are when the borders open back up…. Students will flood melbourne again, november will see the first rise in interest rates and melbourne and Sydney will just keep growing.

Hamish84 and Hills123 like this.
  5. Hills123

Hills123 Well-Known Member

Hamish84 likes this.
  6. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

That is a really nice house! It’s like someone built a Brookwater house in Augustine Heights. I guess there’s a cookie cutter somewhere in Brookwater that was meant to built on this block :D

Arthurark, Tom Rivera and Hills123 like this.
  7. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Yes, Springfield is geographically in Ipswich, but only just outside the BCC boundary.

I doubt most people would actually realise it is in the Ipswich LGA, so don’t see this as a negative.

VKeen2Learn, Jaacksn and Hamish84 like this.
  8. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Springfield has larger blocks on average than its neighbour Springfield Lakes

VKeen2Learn and Hamish84 like this.
  9. djyella

djyella Well-Known Member

OK place to live, I don't think its a good place for an investment due, just too much of the same thing and not as established as something on say the outer rings of BCC.

10. Jaacksn

Jaacksn Well-Known Member

Great family suburb that captures CF and growth, buy

11. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

November 2023 or 2024?
    I assume you’re talking RBA but no chance for November 2021.