Springfield lake

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Babara, 27th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Babara

Babara Member

Hi All , I am going to buy investment propriety Springfield lake . Is this area good place to investment ???pl help me.

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Why would you say that you are going to buy there if you don't yet know whether it is a good place or not?

You tell us what the salesman said is so good about it and the locals will either agree or not.

3. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Someone else was asking recently about Springfield Lakes. I dont know the stats but it has been a growth area and had some momentum from what my friends out that way tell me and from general information picked up.
    however as others have pointed out on here there is a lot of land available out that way. Its not close. And there is no train.
    How about Inala instead? Goodna has rail. Danger is with places like Springfield Lakes is you are paying a relatively high house/land ratio on something that is far. Get something basic on a big block in Inala would be my long term play if looking out that way.

Michael Nguyen, Phase2 and Babara like this.
  4. Babara

Babara Member

[
    [
    Springfield lakes has train station and lot of new infrastructure but lot of land

Springfield lakes will look at a significant growth pattern over the next five years. These statistics on this website show what is expanding over the next 15 years.

Key Facts and Figures About Greater Springfield

With the hospitals and infrastructure and the amount of money getting pumped into the city (70 billion dollars alone over the next 15 years)
    . One of the main reasons is if you look in areas such as redbank plains, goodna, self development and multi million dollar shopping centers are being developed in these areas, which in turn will provide those with lower incomes a reason to remain and shop in those areas
    10 000 jobs in the hospital, medical precidant will ensure those that work and are employed on the area will drive prices up. being 28kms to the city, 45 minutes to the coast, it will turn itself into a city. It will be essentially what parramatta is to sydney.

5. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Unless you are really set on a modern property I think there's better options than going out west

Blueskies and Babara like this.
  6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Good info Barbara,
    Have you compared it with data on Gold Coast Hospital precinct, Sunshine Coast Hospital precinct and North Lakes (Mango Hill Development plan)? And suburbs adjacent to Chermside and Greenslopes which also have major hospitals.

A few years ago a significant portion of land near Ipswich was presented to the military, much closer in than Amberley

Babara likes this.
  7. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

What you've said here is almost word for word what a Springfield H&L developer told me two days ago when trying to get me to sell to my clients. (I never do this by the way).
    Be careful to verify this info independently. There's lots of new developments going in around there so what's going to make yours different when the time comes to rent it out?

Last edited: 29th Jul, 2016
    Whitecat, Phase2 and Babara like this.
  8. Babara

Babara Member

Thank you very much Jess ,do you think they can 't achieve vision or it is not realistic ?

@
    Greater Springfield located right on Brisbane’s doorstep is Australia’s fastest emerging new city. It drives one of the nation’s fastest urban growth corridors and is the only fully master planned city to be built in Australia other than Canberra.

The Springfield Act (Qld) provides us with some unique planning certainty and underpins our vision of a being a substantial regional city and services hub by 2030. We have already welcomed close to 32,000 residents, along with many businesses and organisations that are benefiting from the world award-winning Greater Springfield master plan which has at least one full time job for every three members of this vibrant community.

Interconnected pillars of health, education and information technology continue to be at the core of this plan with precincts and economic drivers established to eventually cater for all forms of health, wellness and education. More than $11.7 billion has been invested thus far by our public and private stakeholders with a $1.2 billion major rail and transport hub already a pumping arterial for the area’s success. With 30 per cent of Greater Springfield dedicated to absolute green space it’s easy to see why our community can actually live and work and also rest and play.

This website is your window to the future of city building, interconnected living and the opportunities that present for prosperity in Greater Springfield. Use it to see first-hand what’s here and what the future of city living will be.@

9. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I don't have an opinion on it as it's not an area I've researched - but what I do know is that lots of supply usually = minimal price growth in the near to medium term. There's no scarcity. Looking at the developers marketing, there was his development (called Sanctuary or something) and about another 3 developments going up near by.

If you build one of the first, by the time the last lots are developed you've got an old house with a heap of new ones as competition for rent. So you need to know what's going to make your house more appealing than all the others when renting it out.

I'm not saying don't, just giving you a couple of things to think about before you do. :)

Babara likes this.
  10. Babara

Babara Member

Thanks Jess sharing your valuable ideas ,I think if I am going short term investment ,not good place but long term investment or for living I think this the place according budget

Jess Peletier likes this.
  11. jordy

jordy Active Member

We have 2 properties in the greater Springfield region.

I agree with Jess with the fact that there is still plenty of land left in the area so the short term growth is limited however we love the area and look forward watching the region continue to grow in the next few years.

Babara likes this.
  12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Springfield is a very nice place. It is similar to North Lakes, but I will always believe that N L, being a ten minute drive to the beach, will not only have a more pleasant climate, but also more of the future scarcity factor. It too has a hospital and university coming. North Lakes is bordered by existing housing to the west, an industrial estate to the north and a river and wetlands environmental park five minutes drive south.

Whitecat and Babara like this.
  13. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Its a long way out of Brisbane. Plenty of other land to develop, but will eventually be a small city in its own right. I live about 1/2 way out to there, and we have some work sites in the area so know it reasonably well.
    I can't see strong short term growth, but will eventually do well given the high population projections.

Babara and Jess Peletier like this.
  14. Anki

Anki Active Member

I also went to a seminar yesterday where H&L from this area was getting promoted.

Some of the points which I remember :
    - cbd twice the size of Brisbane cbd
    - largest shopping centre in southern hemisphere. Much bigger than chadstone.
    - train station

Babara likes this.
  15. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

I like springfield as an area, nice modern homes, building a decent town centre, improving infrastructure, and I assume a nice family vibe with a high percentage of first home owners. But I can't get past:

1. The amount of further land releases to come - Springfield land corporation have literally hundreds of acres of undeveloped land yet to release that will continue to hold down prices in the currently built areas

2. Proximity to Brisbane city - I know that they like to promote the area as a second city for SEQ but there are a large percentage of the population living there making the commute to Brisbane for work each day. I think for the money there are better options in established areas closer the the CBD, which I would expect to make better CG.

Not for me, but each to their own.

16. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

I prefer older and inner. Not saying that people don't do well out there but it is a long way out.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice