QLD Springfield Greater Region

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Hills123, 18th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hills123

Hills123 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

So I'm trying to work out a suburb for an investment that has good yield and capital growth potential in QLD.

I've looked at Sunshine coast due to the new Maroochydore CBD but it's already $100K - $200K up from last year and not sure how much higher it will get. Feel like i've missed the boat on this one....

I've redirected my research to Springfield/Ipswich area and based on the below link + new public hospital + prices haven't actually taken off yet.
    Springfield Seeks Development Partner for $88bn Masterplan

I've been eyeing Springfield Lakes, Springfield & Augustine Heights for up to $550K (4 Bed, 2 Bath, 2 garage, 500sqm+ land)

There's alot of talk of Logan + Hervey Bay, but I couldn't find much development/infrastructure...is the growth purely driven by market?

Apologies, I'm very new to the QLD market and feel like I've hit a bit of a roadblock of where I should/shouldn't look and consider. Appreciate any feedback or insights - especially on the Springfield Greater Region.

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Springfield has good transport links etc. Given it is a master planned community.... new builds house n land etc may not be great for capital gain.

But then again everything is going up at the moment.

Good luck with it.

3. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Have a look for the suburbs where the ripple hasn't hit yet. There are quite a few in South Brisbane that have had minimal growth whilst being situated next to higher growth suburbs. North Brisbane on the other hand is white hot and best avoided.

4. Hills123

What is your thoughts on Ormiston and Cleveland area? Has a good school and prices are still under $700k for some properties

5. BG81

BG81 Member

Hills123,
    Did u chk these areas - Bellbird Park and Gailes.
    I am pretty in same boat as you.

6. Hills123

Hey BG81,

I did, but I found the land size to be on the smaller side and hence might limit the capital growth.

I’ve been more interested in Augustine Heights:
    1) there’s no new land releases in that suburb
    2) there’s a few properties available with larger land sizes
    3) established schools
    4) opposite brookwater (with a lot if $1m sales) - so hoping a ripple effect in the future

let me know how you go with your search!

7. BG81

BG81 Member

Yea but they are also priced accordingly, isnt it.

8. Hills123

Yep exactly, but there is a higher supply of smaller land and hence could diminish capital growth in the future.

I’m trying to get a balance of yield + capital growth by focusing on a larger land size.

BG81 likes this.
  9. DoingOK

DoingOK Well-Known Member

Bellbird Park generally has bigger land size then anything with Springfield in the name. Augustine heights block sizes are good. Did you look at Brentwood? Also some major subdivision about to happen on Jones road bellbird Park. These were big blocks and there are Facebook groups not happy as the nnice bushland areas are going the way of Springfield.

10. Jaacksn

Jaacksn Well-Known Member

It wont be long before theres no more new releases in the immediate springfield area, with releases only coming more west (out towards ripley)

Springfield / springfield lakes could see growth and yield in my opinion

Where else can you get a decent brick 4/2/2, 500sqm, 30 mins from CBD on a 5% yield for under 450k, with decent demographics (young age, above average income/education) and high levels of amenities

Lakes also offers a superior lifestyle with 2x lakes and very close proximity to schools/uni/shopping/work

I bought in Springfield Lakes, now looking for the equivalent in Perth if anyone had any suggestions?

11. BG81

BG81 Member

Really, i couldn't find a single 4/2 under 450k in Springfield, else i will buy today.

You may have bought few months back, things changed now mate.

12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Well-Known Member

There are another 2000 lots to be released over the next 5 years at Springfield Rise, plenty of supply to restrict any short term growth other than the rising tide.

13. Jaacksn

14. Jaacksn

not too sure of specifics in terms of lots released but once this last lot is completed in Spring Mountain, there’s no where else to build

post 5 years time and theres no additional supply is when you’ll probably see some real good growth

15. BG81

BG81 Member

Checked it already, going thru finance that's what dealer said.

16. Jaacksn

keep on the lookout, if your quick you could get one

If you look back this time last year, same house would sell for 375k

17. Hills123

Yeah I’ve noticed a lot of them are up $100k already vs last year - luckily I’m looking to hold for atleast 5 years in the area :)