Splitter infrastructure contacts / estimates for Feaso

Discussion in 'Development' started by Daniel May, 18th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daniel May

Daniel May New Member

Hi, its prob been asked before. I'm looking at doing a splitter 1 into 3. Going through feaso at the moment and i cant find who to contact or any direction around how I go about getting estimates for amenities connections. Am I responsible for this or do some builders take care of it? Do I contact providers direct. Spoke to surveyor / town planner, they don't seem anything to do with it. Thanks for your input.

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Are you looking at doing separate titles, or strata subdivision.

Green/standalone titles will mean you will most likely have to get all the services sorted before you receive the subdivision certificate and then you can goto your builders etc for the individual builds.

If you are looking at doing townhouses and are engaging 1 builder to do them all and they are strata subdivided then i'd guess that it might form part of the building tender etc.

3. Brisbane_reader

Brisbane_reader Well-Known Member

This is where we engaged an end to end project manager to guide us through a similar project. He has a civil engineering/town planning background and we picked him based on his previous work. You will pay a little more for the project but for us undertaking our first one it was a pseudo insurance policy that we were never going to spend the kind of money required to split a block without one.

4. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

If you mean services connections - contact the suppliers directly. They should be either able to provide a quote for connection from supply to the property boundary, or an estimate. Once inside the (original) lot, the responsibility is yours and the builder will deal with it