Split loan for new home

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Aish, 24th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Aish

Aish New Member

Assistance please, apologies for any ignorence, Newbie here.

Situation:
    - My two brothers and I inherited our parents home with nil owing.
    - Two of us bought out one by borrowing against the house. (Value $600k current loan $240k).
    - Leaving two of us on the title and PI loan with Advantage.
    - We have rental income for positive gearing. (Repayments $1150 rental income $2000)
    - Brother not working, I am working FT.
    - At time of initial loan, same situation in regards to work, My income needed to show I could afford to repay loan as well as support my brother and I.

Goal:
    - Along with my partner FT work (approx $95k income) myself (approx $70k base income) we would like to purchase our first home together by accessing a portion of the equity (up to $120k) in a seperate loan to use for deposit on my own home loan.

Options:
    Open to refinance the entire loan structure
    Is there anyway to reborrow against the property without FT work for all parties?
    Can my brother and I gaurantor with the equity for my own home loan?
    What lending options do we have considering my brothers work status?

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Yes you can still borrow but your non-working sibling will need to be on the loan and this will hurt serviceability.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia