Spending your weeknights and weekend

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by thegreat, 27th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

It's really yum food. Nothing is frozen. Nice and healthy and portion controlled. It also means we don't spend an hour each weeknight cooking/cleaning. We get enough for 5 dinners and then we cook on the weekends. I also grab a few extra for work lunches.

We then do online shopping for fruit/veggies (all the other stuff).

Between youfoodz, online food shopping and a cleaner once a fortnight - we've got back a lot more free time :)

bob shovel likes this.
  2. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

Every 2nd or 3rd weekend, me & wife go out for a drive/weekend away somewhere new or somewhere we haven't been for years.
    week before was FNQ, week after will be Brisvegas. We tend to take mini-breaks to keep us alive :D.
    Weeknights are - come late from work, have dinner,P/C, talk, watch movies/TV. Nothing fancy.

thegreat likes this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

It has been one of my long term goals to earn myself a cleaner, and I've had one for the last four months and it's honestly the best thing in the entire world. I actually love her.
    She even does my laundry.
    I would rather have a cleaner than just about any other reward. AND the best thing is it means were not spending all morning Saturday doing chores and can enjoy ourselves together instead.

Last edited: 28th Nov, 2015
    Jamie Moore likes this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

We do that too - but it is usually to open inspections :p

The Y-man

5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Here's one of the advantages of living in another country. I was living in Medellin, Colombia for three months earlier this year, and a cleaner was included in the rent. The unit was cleaned weekly, sheets changed and all the laundry done. I had to pay an extra $4 a week for all my ironing though. Most units actually have a maid's bedroom although they tend not to be used so much any more- the transport system has improved enormously so that the poorer people living a bit further away can travel easily (and fares are based on the economic level of where you live).

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia