Spending habits near death?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by TMNT, 29th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

The only spending I'd be focusing on in such a circumstance is quality time with family and close friends.

Nemo30 and Perthguy like this.
  2. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite- I can't bring myself to fly full service airlines for overseas holidays as I think about all the $ I can save on getting there means we can stay in a better resort! I'll fly Jetstar any day over full service if it means I can splash out at a nice 5 star resort

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't think I've flown full service airline for years.

I look for the dirt cheapest flight and would rather spend it on a better hotel too!!!

Squished in economy all seems to feel insignificant when lazing by a pool that's the size of my house :) 3

4. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I have to say though- for that 8 hours Im regretting being a tight ass the whole time, but all is forgotten when I arrive

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I would help some fellow investors out with some deposits :cool: :p

6. dabbler

Your mis understanding them.

The money is just a result, it is the life and work that they often enjoy & will not give up that brings the result.

It is like a game, playing to win, when they have millions or billions, that does not change.

You also often find ones who are mean as you say with the money, have money because of this very fact, plenty of people win millions only to be homeless again shortly down the track.

To a degree, it is true that what you do with your money is more important than how much you earn.

7. dabbler

Yeah, you should break that.

Often it is no cheaper than going to others who are not run by supermarket chains or small independents.

There are lot's of ways to streamline and minimise costs, but letting the supermarkets dominate your mind over a few cents at a petrol pump is wasted energy.

I knew someone who used to drive all over the place for slightly cheaper petrol, they were driving a v8 when a 4cyl would have been fine, wasted more time and money getting the cheap fuel than they obviously thought about o_O

8. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

to be honest, in my experience over the years, the prices of woolies petrol is pretty much the same as the independants, so taking 4c off makes it 4c cheaper,

while coles petrol is alwasy 2c more than woolies

9. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Whats a full service airline ? A blanket and two meals between here and LA ?

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.