NSW Southwest sydney 1.1 mil budget

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Marcussyd, 1st Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Marcussyd

Marcussyd Member

Thank you everyone. All your responses are very helpful. Did anyone have a look at the property at 164 longstaff ave chipping norton? Would be interested to see what you guys think :)

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I agree, it can be hard to move to another state, wtf does a country like Thailand have to do with anything ? And I did say I would do that, not everyone with kids and high paid Syd job should do that, not what I suggested. Nor why I said that.

Your spruiking the area for some reason, claiming a current boom, that is rot.

I do not have to be aware of anything the council is doing, you can put creme on a poop, it is still poop, the river has little appeal that far up. Unless you like all the Bankstown types flying around on seadoos etc, if you want a waterfront, then get a decent one, not some landfilled swamp conversion, but is your money. Also deep water if you want motor yachts. I suggest a better part of the river.

Well I could not drive down there for a couple of days last year or so, it floods more than once in 17 years, go look at the empty blocks.

Your type depresses me, I am realistic, I look at reality, I do not dream and stay positive with things like Newbridge road and properties being flooded, cause I have seen it with my own eyes, I have gone up and down the waterways, I do not have to stay positive and hope it does not happen.........it has flood signs there, look at how deep they go. It happens ! You can't wish away reality.

No pretty picture will pull wool over my eyes, I said, there are some good spots, I do not believe that is one of them, same as the last artists impression that had you raving over Liverpool, saying it is all booming...artists impressions are to sell you an idea, I do not go for it or bite. But you push the cart for some reason ?

Your boom talk is talking rot let's just face the facts, it has gone down, it simply has, I spent years on the ground looking at both houses and units in that area, it is the one place I know reasonably well, it is not booming at all, at best stalling, it is a loss maker to buy in atm, it is not opinion, it is *reality* *atm*. It is not about me knowing more than everybody, it is about just being aware, looking at average a similar type properties, not trying to find a bias either way, and just seeing what is happening, I can give examples, but the point is, is not between me and you, it is for everyone to have eyes open, others can look and watch and monitor for themselves.

Feel free to dis prove with your calcs if were talking investment, you will be backwards without decent CG each year. As a home, well, why rush ? Not only that, I was looking at a place 13k from CBD the other day, I expected 1.2 mil +, passed in, is on market for under 1000k and is a corner block in a great area, dwelling needs a re work, but sheesh, 1.1 into Livo or 13k from CBD ?

So you see, it is not about butting heads, it is about reality, your trying to spruik the area for some reason, but it is a lie to make people think it is going up and get in cause it is booming, your marina does not even exist, and without CG or as a PPOR, it will be a loss maker too, I think you just cant or do not understand, it is not a desirable waterfront location, down the track.....who knows, it will make no diff to other areas close by even if popular.

So, again, to be clear, there is good spots around, as a PPOR you can find suitable places, I actually *like* the area, I have said that before to you, you seem to ignore that, but none of this changes much, as Ali G would say....keep it real ! Booyakasha big up yourself.

Stormageddon: Flood evacuation order as wild weather pummels Sydney

PS it is not a once in a lifetime event, it has happened multiple times in my life, and I did not pay that much attention to floods.

RenegadeDom likes this.
  3. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to take this off on a tangent but great area 13k from cbd under 1mil care to name the suburb

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Wiley Park, Lakemba, Punchbowl, Roselands???? (All in Canterbury/Bankstown LGA)

5. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Punchbowl a nice area sorry It's not. It has some of states highest crime and murder rates.

Cant walk their at night.
    Arterial roads very bad traffic.

Yes its closeish to the city and has train but its a poor area for life.

6. Illusivedreams

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It's heaven when you compare it to the luxurious craters that some of the residents have come from. No curfews, not everyone carries an automatic weapon, kidappings/car bombings/jackings are rare, the police force isn't corrupt, political system is relatively stable, freedom of association, freedom of religion, freedom of the press etc.

Late night restaurant trade is brisk around the Eid festival.

8. Illusivedreams

Well now that you put it like that hahaha. Yes I agree. Set the bar really low.

Scott No Mates likes this.
  9. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

I have an IP (House with large land component) in Hydrae street Revesby. Purchased it in 1993. It has been the cornerstone of my property portfolio ever since. Initially stretched ourselves to the max to attain it..... but so glad we did!

10. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Well done! Some nice equity there!

11. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Better, near Bexley !