NSW Southwest sydney 1.1 mil budget

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Marcussyd, 1st Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Marcussyd

Marcussyd Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm on the hunt for my first property although not really in a rush. I've noticed there's not many established homes on the market at the moment compared to last year.

My budget is 1.1 million and i'm quite open to living anywhere around liverpool, bankstown, padstow, revesby, etc. Any advice?

I saw this home i'm interested in but it's been on the market for over 6 months and just wondering what others think of the property/location (164 Longstaff Avenue Chipping Norton, NSW 2170)

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Have a look at Smithfield - close to M4, Busway, TAFE, Stocklands etc.

3. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Chipping Norton/ Moorebank area is nice. New marina going in.

Liverpool is booming. I would hesitate to. Say more cranes up than in most other centers of Sydney

Last edited: 2nd Jul, 2018
  4. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

Some major work required to get the George's River looking that clean.

Livo is changing at an ever increasing pace, I'm not quite sure if it's sustainable in the long term. It has all the facets to become a mini CBD in its own right which would be great to see. Certain pockets of demographics might need to change for it to realise it's potential.

5. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Wasn't this proposal recently rejected by the NSW Supreme Court?

6. Scott No Mates

Don't worry about a little thing like that @George Poullos, Vice Admiral Mahajer will fix that.

Sackie and dabbler like this.
  7. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

It’ll be a couple years before the marina decision comes again. Moorebank Recyclers on the adjacent land has recently sold their land to East Quarter. Once East Quarter submits their residential development plans, then the marina would have a chance.

It’s already been seven years, it’ll take a couple more.

8. Illusivedreams

The residents and council won against the Concrete recycling plant.
    The plans are now with council to rezone for residential use.

Motion was approved to rezone from my last communication .

9. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Is this for PPOR or Investment?
    I buy differently for PPOR and different for investment?

10. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

You can buy well in QLD for $1.1 million in QLD....
    Again, impossible to answer as we all invest differently into property!
    What do you wish to achieve from property what gross $ in income or asset wealth and what investment strategy will you use, eg. buy only in Sydney, buy in say 3 states only NSW, QLD, VIC or other? Buy townhouses with land component, or older houses on corner blocks for redevelopment in cheaper states, or within certain kms in proximity, or only units in small complexes, what?
    You need to realise you can only answer those questions, try your approach, see if it works then duplicate if it does, or change if it doesn't!
    Many people IMHO make only 'WISHES' or 'DREAMS' as you need to set concrete 'GOALS' and they are only achieved if there is ACTION behind them, otherwise your 'PLANS/GOALS/DREAMS/WISHES are just that only wishes!

11. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

It is like a dump, or swamp there anyway....and it floods.....yeah, go for it :)

12. dabbler

You have this weird outlook on the area.

An artists impression is just that, it should be called wishful thinking. You seem to have no idea what the waterways around there are like, and it floods too mind you.....see how everyone panics about floods in Brisbane, but in Sydney, all it takes is a pretty picture to ignore flooding :)

Most property is NOT booming, it is actually going backwards, or standing still at best.

Go up the hill a bit, before the downhill to Liverpool, and you prob have a decent place to live without being as far out as Penrith....which is still the sticks in comparison.

I would say hold off, watch and wait.....bloody Marina, whats the point of a Marina and a Yacht there......you would run it aground trying to get out to anywhere.....

13. Illusivedreams

Very few on this forum can say the live in Double Bay and look down on the rest of Sydney.

So question can you?

14. Scott No Mates

You'd have to be living in the Blue Mountains or up at Wahroonga to be looking down on Sydney.

JB40 likes this.
  15. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Or from Sutherland shire

16. dabbler

Irrelevant.

That is not an intelligent debate & has, or is not anything to do with what I am talking about.

If I wanted to go off on that tangent, I could ask you the same silly thing, who cares, you live where you want, and yes, I have lived in a few exclusive areas as well as the worst suburb in Sydney IMO in Bankstown Council, I have also lived in the Liverpool council area and drove past this dump of a site near daily for a period.

I also spent many years boating in the Georges river, I would not even bother taking a tinny that far up.

The fact is, that the river floods there, and quite often, last time was only last year & many places went under, as they have in the past, you will even see many empty blocks along the main road that have never been re built on from past floods from long way back.

You seem to mis understand, nothing wrong with many parts of Liverpool council, or Liverpool itself from my point, but some things are just stupid or made out to be something they are not, in a way, you made my point, the picture looks like the spit, but spit is what many people would only give.....I would not waste my money there, I would go to many nice places in QLD for less money and much better waterways most likely.

17. dabbler

I spend a lot of time at an elevation that could look down on Sydney, but I prefer to look at alternative things, I spend the other half at about 24m in Syd, which is better than being approx 1m above sea level.

I am not sure how much fill they would be allowed to use, but it better be a fair bit, or they may need the motor yacht to save from going under ! (maybe that is the message - it is a flood plain building plan - your escape pod)

18. Illusivedreams

You can also buy a nice place in Thailand for much less.

But... Family commitments, work and children mean most can't simply pack up and go to QLD.
    For most is simply a stupid suggestion.

You may also not be aware of what Liverpool City Council is currently doing to the river wall and upgrades.
    Further the area that foods is further than where the proposed site is and the bank will be addressed . Engineers smarter than us will work on the design.

17 years working in the area I have seen Newbridge Road flood 1 time again no where near it.

@dabbler why are you so negative Looking at your post and where we butt heads it's because you are pessimistic and negative .

Honestly at times depressing. Their is no need to shoot down positive people

You. Seem To always know everything better than everyone else have little regard when some one's opinion is different to yours.

Your call but I feel your approach is not in good taste.

19. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

If it is to live in (as opposed to invest), have a look at Wattle Grove. It is very nice, reasonably gentrified, and you can get something nice for $1.1m. Most properties built post 1993 on decent blocks. Not great transport however.

Revesby would be the other option. Bustling, with good transport links.

TAJ likes this.
  20. Marcussyd

Marcussyd Member

Revesby would be the other option. Bustling, with good transport links.[/QUOTE]

Revesby and padstow seem like they're already very expensive. Is there room for growth? Liverpool region seems like it has more potential because of badgerys creek and all the othet infrastructure going in. I want to buy an established ppor with minimum 550 sqm.