NSW South Windsor VS Umina Beach (Central Coast) IP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by umer, 15th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. umer

umer Member

Hi All,

I am in the process of looking for house as an investment property with a budget of around 620K. As we are in post boom area so my options are hawkesbury area ( South windsor, Richmond, Bligh Park) and second option is Central coast ( umina/Ettalong/Woy woy).

I am comparing both areas and conclusion is better rental Yield in central coast, however not sure about capital growth in central coast areas
    Please share your analysis when you compare south windsor with umina beach for a long term investment property considering capital appreciation and infrastructure projects

Thanks for your help

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

I can only compare 5 x suburbs at a time (overlaid on the same graph), but this is how the areas have compared for CG over the last 15 years. There's not a lot in it whichever you go for.
    upload_2016-6-15_15-58-5.png

upload_2016-6-15_15-58-47.png

Scott No Mates likes this.
  3. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Woy Woy, Umina (I'm excluding Ettalong, because it's a bit of a different suburb in my opinion) have better yields and better livability as far as I'm concerned, however, I assume that population growth will be higher around Windsor.
    I do like the Central Coast though (I have one in Umina and one in Woy Woy myself) and I would preference it, because in the long term, it has the potential of becoming a nice beach side community (it's still a little bit of Mount Druitt by the sea, but definitely improving). In the long term, Windsor risks losing its charm due to losing its relative isolation.

But they're just possible future scenarios that I came up with, do your own homework and form your own decisions.

4. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

Ettalong have very good rental yield as well, and although ferry plan from Ettalong beach to Syd was delayed years and years but might still have possibility to start in the next few years, with 30 mins ferry to Syd or Woywoy train change to a fast train it will have a lot of potential, the price goes up quicker than Syd in the last 12 months since it's still affordable.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Also consider the following:

Windsor/Richmond
    • 2002 was rural/semi-rural/rural lifestyle (5 acre lots)
    • Consider anef for Badgerys Creek
    • Single heavy rail line terminating at Richmond
    • Floodplain
    • New bridge at Windsor
    Central Coast
    • 2002 was urban land
    • Existing rail and freeways
    • Large number of subdivided/splitter block reflecting higher $/m2 but smaller sales price achieved (need to look behind the numbers)
    • Ferry is a pipedream beyond Ettalong as spped restrictions hamper travel times past Ettalong

6. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

A fast ferry service with an interchange at Ettalong is being proposed as part of a billion dollar business plan that Central Coast Council has presented to the Premier and Cabinet of the NSW Government.
    Fast ferry service proposal presented to Premier - Central Coast Community News
    Seems this time it might get push forward.
    Mr Steve Duncan, Chairman of the G5 Global Vision Foundation, planned to invest 1billion to central coast which include the fast ferry from Ettalong beach to Sydney circular quay, he joined the old plan before.

Fast train from NewCastle/Central Coast/Gosford to Sydney is no track though.