South West vs North West

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Investor1234, 27th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

South West vs North West - Better for Yield & Growth

1. South West

44.4%
  2. North West

55.6%
  1. Investor1234

Investor1234 Well-Known Member

South West or North West - which is a better place to invest for $700 to $900k, and why?

Boudaries for both regions are as per screenshot. I know strictly speaking those boundaries don't match their description, but let's just say it is for now.

I find areas in SW have better yield, are more affordable and have more growth potential. NW seems more developed and will grow too, but the percentage growth for SW seems more. I have been ignoring SW for a while now, and just focussing on NW, but looking at some of the prices and open homes, I am thinking that are some better deals to be made here.

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

South West is potentially undervalued due to the impending Metro. Also there’s a lot of govt investment earmarked along the SW corridor.

North West will have that “new estate” allure (even the areas that are 20-30 years old still look new compared to 100 year old houses in the SW). SW still has that scum-factor but it’s steadily gentrifying. The question is how long that will take.

Hard to choose.

My view is if there are two comparable properties on either side I’d take the one closer to a Metro station. I think that’s going to be a huge deal in the future as the population gets bigger and bigger. I’m obsessed with Metro!

3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Blacktown and mtdruitt are northwest? Are you looking at new or older stock?

Last edited: 27th Mar, 2021
  4. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Imo lots of investors have already parked north west but in current market I prefer south west due to future potential based on your map especially liverpool and surrounds undervalued

Investor1234 likes this.
  5. Investor1234

No, it’s not really North West; it’s just West, but I included it in the map because there are similar lower socio-economic areas in South West as well which I am considering investing in. Likewise, there are higher socio-economic areas in NW like Kellyville, Rouse Hill, Ponds, etc., that are comparable to similar higher socio-economic areas such as Oran Park, Harrington Park, etc. There are markets within markets.

I am looking at only older/established stock.

Last edited: 28th Mar, 2021
  6. Investor1234

To live in, I would rather choose NW over SW, but to invest I am thinking SW because of better yields and more potential for growth, and I do think SW has more growth potential not just because of the airport and South West metro raill to Bankstown (just outside my map), but mainly because of the developemnt of the Aerotropolis city which is now going to be called Bradfield.

New city at Aerotropolis to be named Bradfield

7. Investor1234

"Scam factor" now means higher yield, affordable price range and more growth potential. I like it!

jaybean likes this.
  8. acetate

acetate Well-Known Member

i live in NW and its good, but i wouldn't buy here to invest, very little value or money, houses down my road selling for 1.5m~, crazy ****

SW is due for an increase - ill park some money there.

9. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Scum-factor not scam-factor :)

10. Investor1234

Haha! Yes, sorry, that's what I meant - "Scum-factor".

jaybean likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.