South of the border and loving it!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tasksta, 18th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tasksta

tasksta Well-Known Member

Hi folks

i used to dabble on the Somersoft site which in hind site did me very well so here i am ready to go again!

Im a Sydney westie living the dream on the Mornington peninsula and loving life. Have played it safe so far with my basic strategy and so far so good.

Have been out of touch for 12 months so excited to roll my sleeves up again.

Cheers
    Tasksta

P.S. Recommend me a good property based accountant? :)

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you've been relocated. You'll need to wear all your flanno's to keep warm down there!

3. tasksta

lol i thought i escaped the Blacktown flanny bogan until i stumbled upon Frankston or Frankghanistan as my boss calls it. Fortunately they cant make it this far up the hill.

Propagate and bob shovel like this.
  4. bob shovel

Could me my kind of place to go if I'm in vic:D

What sent you down there? Work?
    I have no idea about melbs, i do like the great ocean road and warrnambol :) have you invested down there?

5. tasksta

We moved for a lifestyle change and best decision we ever made. Yet to invest but My 2 bed Sydney apartment rent pays for a 5 bed house walking distance to beach with views from every room.

I have a national role so lucky enough to work anywhere i like. Tossing up whether to invest here or keep renting and spend elsewhere.

Swallow the Sydney prode and move south everything is better down here, just dont tell anyone....

bob shovel likes this.
  6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Sounds like you're really enjoying it @tasksta!

If I went interstate I'd personally go for Brissie over Melbourne for the weather. Although I think it got to 23°C here in Sydney today... very pleasant at lunchtime and even the evening was nice and "warm". No outer layer required. Can't complain. :)

Whitecat and tasksta like this.
  7. tasksta

Fishing is defo better in Brissy but humidity would kill me.

We get a cold (real) winter here but get more 40+ degree days in summer than Sydney with zero humidity and half the rain! All my Sydney family were whinging how hot it is was last Christmas lol

Pubs, restaurants, roads, traffic, culture, shopping and even beaches are better here.

Sorry Sydney.

8. bob shovel

Yeah Sidney is a nice place to visit in my books too. but (unfortunately ) is part of our short term plan to work out where we'll go from there, definitely north. I love the heat so want somewhere i don't have to wear pants. Consistently warm and boardies all year is my prerequisite

Whitecat likes this.
  9. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

We are going to see migration to Brisbane picking up soon this is the way the Cycle Works yes the employment isn't booming but there are jobs and we will start to see people move to Brisbane and buy a mansion after they sell their Sydney townhouse

10. tasksta

Very hard to disagree with this strategy!

11. tasksta

Agree, this is exactly what we have done albeit heading south. Sydney is just mental and its hard to ignore what your money can get you interstate.

Whitecat and bob shovel like this.
  12. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Exactly what we are thinking, except our "south" is on the west side of Melb and not close to the beach... maybe next move!