South backyard - Need suggestion for sunlight

Discussion in 'Development' started by Ujjawal, 24th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ujjawal

Ujjawal Member

Hi,

I have a 14*30 lot in point cook and it is one with a South backyard (the most wanted one :( )

I have the attached plan building with grandeur homes. Unfortunately they are very least interested in providing suggestions with respect to sunlight etc. Do you think there won't be much sunlight as my side yards are decent?

I would really appreciate any suggestions for improvement? I just wished if there could be a 4-5 hr sun window as the other orientation lots. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Will depend on neighbours shadowing also

3. Ujjawal

Ujjawal Member

True, my neighbour has a 10.5 width on the west. So they probably will a double storey too.

4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Being overlooked isn't fun. Might want to plant screening.
    I guess the main thing is south isn't necessarily bad for a backyard if you have the ability for the sun to come in from the east and west so that's going to depend on how much blocking the neighbours are doing.
    Or if you have a single story you might get some light from the North as well coming in over the top of the house into the back of the backyard

5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

You may consider reversing the design.

At the moment the living/kitchen/alfresco faces south west, so will get no winter sun until later in the afternoon.

Reversing it so the main living areas face south east means it will get the morning sun.

Tufan Chakir likes this.