Food & Dining SOS - to all you knowledgeable cooks out there

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 22nd Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Dang - used icing sugar which worked fantastic - have a market stall today for my other products so packaged it all up as samples to "test" the market - woke up early to make some signs - the lollies have melted.

I really really don't know what I'm doing wrong ... heating to 310c due to use of glucose, but suspect I may have to much glucose in my recipe to sugar (actually, I have no clue) ... or it could be the sorbitol ... I'm doing 50% weight each of sugar/glucose, 10% weight sorbitol, splash of sugar to get it started, adding super concentrate wine at 300c then bringing the temp up.

After 4 weeks of experimenting, and dozens upon dozens of fails, wondering if I should simply give up on wine lollies

EN710 likes this.
  2. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Was this ever resolved @Lizzie

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Not yet - put it asides for a moment while I caught up on other projects ... will revisit and trying again.

I have been told that adding the concentrate wine at the end will change the pH of the syrup and hence the setting capability ... and then I started getting to the stage that I couldn't remember (even tho I wrote it down) what batches worked and what didn't ... arrrrrrrrrrgh

Watch this space