Someone to install Ceiling Fans - Raceview

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Tony, 8th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Pretty sure this is a sparky job (correct me if I am wrong) but looking for someone good and reliable to install ceiling fans to 3 bedrooms of my IP in Raceview, QLD.

Can someone please recommend someone?

Ideally I would like them to buy and install the fans. Not really sure which ones to get so happy to take advice on this. Would it be better to buy the fans myself and make them available to the person installing them? Is it more complicated if the fan also contains the ceiling light?

Thanks in advance

2. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I would add it on airtasker and see ho it goes from there!

3. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Personally Id compare their price to supply/install vs you supply they install. Some tradies will do you a favor, others will add a markup to their cost.

Provided they can chase down wall/use existing wiring I'd get them with light, installed where/replacing the current light, wall plate contains both fan & light switches.

I don't recommend remote controlled ones, tenants lose them, need batteries, which can leak etc.

4. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

All* tradies :p

I would speak to your tradesman and tell him you'll buy them, go to Bunnings and pick out the ones you want, it doesn't matter 99% of fans are about the same to fit, some harder than others but its negligible.

The sparky would probably buy them from the electrical wholesaler and in my experience even with trade discounts electrical wholesalers charge like wounded bulls!

5. 8650

8650 Well-Known Member

I have an electrician that is in the Ipswich that is reasonably priced and very efficient.

Happy to pass you on his details if you like.