Solicitor first?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Covertphil, 12th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Covertphil

Covertphil New Member

Hi all thanks for having me!

First home buyer. Pre-approval organized for finance already through my broker.. Potential property found. .Another inspection tomorrow and considering making offer.
    Now.... It's a QLD property.. Do we make offer and get contract from agent and then arrange solicitor prior to signing? Is this best course?

Green as here my wife and I so apologies for the complete lack of knowledge lol so far this has been most stressful, frustrating and confusing exercise!

Have already penned email to Certus in hope of having them work on our behalf after much reading on here .. Just wanted to ask re timeline/procedure

Cheers in advance

Todd

2. Covertphil

Covertphil New Member

I forgot to mention the property is tenanted til end of December. Now is that something that can be discussed re them leaving prior (I'd envision no-one wants to be searching for rental at xmas?!) or do we just have to wait it out so to speak?

Thanks!!

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

depends if the property will be sold as vacant possession, then it will be the sellers issue to resolve.

ta
    rolf

Covertphil likes this.
  4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

prob best to get advice before entering a contract.

5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Search "making an offer"

Read and understand contract first (ask the selling agent lots of questions)

Seek legal advice on any contract item you are unsure on (and have it reviewed prior to going unconditional)

Put a time/date of expiry on your offer (as it puts the pressure back on agent/vendor)

Everything is negotiable, price, deposit amount, settlement date, vacancy or lease term, just make sure it is all in the contract when signing :cool:

6. Covertphil

Covertphil New Member

Thanks for that.. Ive been searching make an offer all week reading everything I can.. I'll be honest it confuses the hellheput of me so many different answers and strategies... I just want a damn house.. Lol

Tbh the agents are doing our heads in

I understand the offer process its the whole contract situation that i was unsure of.. Can we take the contract away to have checked over prior to signing or are we signing then having it checked in cooling off period?

7. Covertphil

Covertphil New Member

Thanks rolf im gathering that needs to be discussed and placed in contract if possible?

8. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Yes, you can ask for a hard copy of the contract to review
    Or, just email the agent and have them send you a digital copy ;)