Crypto Sold my house and put it all into bitcoin.

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Laker, 7th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiralkut

Spiralkut Well-Known Member

Biggest tip I can give you all is get on Origin trail (trac) coin. Possibly the biggest and best project in the crypto world and people are only discovering it now.

2. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

Please don’t post your coin tips on this thread. Don’t want everyone posting their **** coin tips!

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Aug, 2020
    Ouga likes this.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

You can only mention your **** coin tip in this thread if you sold your house and put your life savings into it :D

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Aug, 2020
    DJ Adam, thatbum and Michael.Knight like this.
  4. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

And super!

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    DJ Adam likes this.
  5. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Exploring the idea of selling another house to put the capital into crypto. With crypto waking up again I can't justify locking capital into an asset that does not have clear growth drivers.

Options i've been thinking about include btc again, wrap then stake or lend out. My only concern is I can see btc under-performing against alts.
    eth is very tempting especially with eth2.0 on the horizon or eth vaults.
    I do like polkadot and can see it at a much higher marketcap closer to eth. They currently do not have acceptable cold storage options but hopefully they have this all figured out soon.
    There are also a lot of alts with strong use-cases that I can see underpinning the next innovation wave within the blockchain space. nexus, aave, compound, chainlink......

6. Spiralkut

I like eth in the long term better than BC. I also agree with Polkadot it will keep moving no doubt. I'd prefer BAND or DIA as oracle's over Chainlink though purely for market cap purposes. I feel like you pick any one of these and you're not losing your money over any short medium or long term.

7. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Gotta play safe with the trust fund and go with market leaders.
    Might have to also consider spreading between ecosystems. Better not put it all into the ethereum ecosystem where everything is more correlated.
    Btw, did you get into the DIA bonding curve sale?

8. Spiralkut

Yeah I've actually been lucky cause I've been shorting between dia and trac and got on dia 2 days before binance listing.

9. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Didn’t you mention trac just earlier in this thread as the biggest tip and now you say you’ve been shorting it? Lol

10. Spiralkut

I holding Trac, DIA, DFI, BAND and DOT then I short DIA, DOT and Trac for 10-20% margins rotating it on whichever is close to support line.

11. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

Portfolio is now up a tad over 100%. Currently looking buy more. I believe we are at the beginning of a major bullrun! Although after the money printers stop I think we are in for one hell of a GFC! So not sure how bitcoin is going to hold up!

BunnyXiao likes this.
  12. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

smart move. Gold miners and bitcoin. New Bretton Woods again

13. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Ended up selling another house. Patiently waiting for settlement then will put the bulk into crypto again followed by an etf. With eth staking coming along nicely I'll most likely put majority into eth instead of BTC.

Laker likes this.
  14. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

Good luck. I don’t follow eth as it makes no sense to me but I thought everything I heard staking was way off?

15. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Would like to hear your thoughts on eth, why it doesn't make sense and what is 'way off' with staking. I always like to listen to both sides to help me make a more informed decision.

16. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

Well for starters eth isn’t sound money and that’s mainly what I’m interested in. It’s supposed main value was as a utility token. If this is the case you want a utility tokens value to remain as small as possible. The value, if any, is tokens built on top of the network. This is all just my opinion! I formed it early days and don’t bother keeping up with any changes now as I feel I waste too much of my time!

17. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

But good luck to you. It probably will perform well this cycle, l I just can’t see it doing well long term!

18. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

@Laker $35kAUD. Still holding?

19. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

Yeah still holding. Up over 300% now. I don’t plan on selling any till it is over 500k per coin!

luckyone, David_SYD and bobbyj like this.
  20. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

How many Bitcoins do you own?

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.